Sign in to follow this  
americanman1243@yahoo.com

Verification on the latest update causes my 6 launcher to stop working and Arma 2 to crash

I've been playing DayZ for just over a month now and it's been a bit bumpy, but I've always been able to play.

As of the latest patch this is no longer true. I get to 45% in the verification and then I get a pop-up with this message:

Unhandled exception during Update

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Then after about a minute windows tells me that Arma 2 has stopped working.

I've tried several different servers and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the latest 6 updater. I can still load Arma 2 just not DayZ.

Nothing seems to work. Help with this would be much appreciated.

since no one's helping you... delete your beta folder, delete your @dayz folder. let six launcher download everything fresh. and like everything else, if it's just dayz, delete your dayz folder.

the person above me hasn't realized that you don't need six launcher to run dayz. you can download dayz through ftp or torrent. and you can get the beta patch from the arma2 website. since most the patches seem to be arma related than dayz. do what they suggest on the arma forums and reinstall arma2:oa. but like the advice i gave before, try with simple things first.

Edited by Inspector_Gadget

Update:

Turns out my hard drive was starting to fail and wouldn't recognize the updates. I got a new hard drive and everything is good.

I'd also like to mention that when I launched DayZ on my new hard drive the game auto killed me. I was last logged out in the middle of nowhere and the chances of anyone having spotted me loading up are about a million to one. I didn't even get past where it shows you where you are and what day it is.