Sign in to follow this  
Acheron (DayZ)

Fortified barricade system by me, for stand alone DayZ.

With this system it would turn any building into a safe house. For this to work there has to be 2 kinds of doors, wooden doors and metal doors.

First step is to barricade the doors before the building is turned into a fortified building, which then you could store your items in drawers and closets that the building has inside.

The way the doors would work would be via a door health system that can be upgraded with 3 upgrades, each upgrade has its own visual effects.

Example a door with out any upgrades is just going to look like a door.

A door with a number 1 upgrade on it will be a door with added health and will look like it has one board going down the center of it and one board on one of the corners of the door.

Upgrade 2 will have more health then upgrade 1 and will have like 4 boards going straight down it.

Upgrade 3 same thing more health more boards.

Now for the building to become Fortified where you can store your items, only one of the main doors has to be barricaded to rank 3.

Now noise, noise is a big thing in Dayz. So keeping that in mind while barricading a door the noise level is some what high so it can attract infected.

But breaking down a door makes even louder noises, so that breaking into one of these buildings is some what risky.

Now how do you break down a door? Simple doors and upgraded doors are just increased health with new visual effects. SO any thing that can hurt a player or infected can hurt a door just takes a bit longer to kill a door then it does a player/infected.

Items needed.

Tool belt item. HAMMER, used with 2 inventory items, nails and wood. Each upgrade to a door would cost more nails and wood.

Nail boxes come in 20's.

Example of using these items all together for the first upgrade of a wooden door would be, 8 nails 1 pile of wood.

A pile of wood might have to have its own amount to it, like one pile of wood equals 5 pieces of wood.

For metal doors, idk yet expect for you would need a blow torch that you use in your secondary weapon slot.

Where your pistol or flashlight would normally go.

Any way on a programming side I don't know how hard this would be to be implemented into a stand alone game.

But I think something like this system is much easier to do then player built buildings and structures.

I really think my idea is allot more simpler then a underground building system and or up ground player built structures.

But I would still love to see underground structures too.

Nicea idea,but before tehy implet it,let them make all other strucutres you can't get in accesible.After that,tehy can start making greater details :)

Future strongholds/bases will most likely be underground. Each one can then be it's own instance and not interfere with the map.

Anything above ground will just slowly ruin the map. This has been proved with the wire fence experiment. They were only introduced to see what effect they would have and it sucked.

Edited by Fraggle