Tiger205

Remove tent space requirements

As in keep the "flat area" part but completely remove the script responsible for looking for space between objects, at least for the time being until a better solution is found. Why? The only reliable place where you can "hide" a tent is an open field. Trees have some issue with their collision model or whatever that script is looking for so you essentially can't place a tent in a forest, bushes are almost working but tend to screw up the same way as trees do.

And yes - I mad because I've spent two hours today trying to find a "good" spot because in all the actually good spots I wasn't able to place a tent because of that script.

Also I realise people will try to exploit this but we already have people Alt+F4ing so this wouldn't be that big of an issue.

yeah, if they're making it even more realistic (which I hear they are), they should at least allow you to put a tent wherever you like.

Absolutely. We had to find some big ass clearing way out of the way to start our base. We wanted to start a base in a castle, but of course that didn't work out because the castle is one giant object.

I've found quite a few decent locations, even given the restrictions.

A bit of time scouting the area to check eye-line from likely routes other players will take and good locations can be found easy.

For example (I don't use this anymore):

There's a series of tree between Pogorevka and Rogovo that has a small pond to the west of them.

There is a location between the trees where a tent will fit.

It cannot be seen from the wooded area that joins the two villages (the most likely route), except for a very small moment.

It cannot be seen from the pond.

It cannot be seen easily if you follow that line of trees towards the pond from pogorevka to the pond.

It is only clearly visible if you are, for some reason, following the road (which is in open fields) or moving directly from the larger pond to the north to that pond.

It's in easy distance from a church, a warehouse, two very close deer huts and three more about 5 minutes away.

I had a tent there which was not raided for a week on one of the US servers...

Once you go further north there are loads of clearings that will take half a dozen or so tents. Just look for somewhere at least a 10 minute walk away from the airfields and you'll be fine.

, change your tactics.

If you want to set up a bunch of tents right next to Berez. or one of the airfields

I agree with this, it'd make tents a lot more fun and useful. Although I'd also like to see the slope requirement removed, or atleast reduced to something sensible, especially considering a tent isn't so much a tent as a funny shaped storage locker.