Sign in to follow this  
Recon-Unit

[ Better use of the Czech Vest Pouch (6 slot backpack) ]

I put up a thread earlier months back about a suggestion regarding the Czech Vest Pouch for a better purpose http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5065-revised-function-of-the-czech-vest-pouch-extra-inv-slots/#entry51579, as it's still a obsolete backpack when you already start the game with a better one. So I decided to put up another series of ideas that may be useful for it. Since altering it's primary function to better serve a more interesting purpose would seem a bit too much for a singular item.

What I suggest instead is that it's removed from the random loot spawn in buildings, instead on a random occasion, a (heavy) military zombie would be wearing one that would be full with random ammo loot, or low grade military gear. This would be handy for those who are desperately in need of ammo but have run into bad luck such as myself when killing a military zombie but finding empty tin cans ...

Another alternative, would be increasing ALL backpack storage values by +2, making the Czech vest pouch the default starting gear for a survivor. And making other backpacks more highly valued to search for.

Or instead as I suggested in an earlier thread perhaps the Czech vest pouch could be a upgrade of sorts, for example. Once picked up, it will go into your tool slot inventory, and then when you find another backpack or you drop your own to the floor, you can select a option to add additional space for your backpack to hold (2-4 slots).

Pretty much all I can think of for now, just figure these suggestions could help make it more useful rather than being valued less than junk on the floor.

Edited by Recon-Unit
  • Like 1

Good suggestions, I think the first one would be great. Sometimes you really need ammo, and finding some on a military zombie sometimes would make sense.

I think players should start with the pouch. I love starting with very little and having to get better gear. That struggle to find new and better items is the big draw for me. The excitement of finding something you really need. Just like how they took away the mak at spawn. Now you find any weapon and it's like finding a pot of gold. I would love to feel like that about some crappy coyote pack.

The importance of an item is all about perspective, you just need to change the perspective of the item and it gets more value.

Edited by Ammo
  • Like 1

How about we start with no backpack at all? But increase the spawn rate of the vest pouch? Either that, or we start with the vest pouch instead?

• Like 3

I think the main point behind the czech backpack and vest is that they have camo. Alice packs are ofter easy to spot on prone survivors, in grass or not.

Hmm, perhaps...vest pouch as an outfit item? There for you have to pick between more storage space, or camo. I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be able to wear a vest pouch and a backpack. So if you are for instance, you're groups "medic/mule" you can carry more food/water/etc but are more easily spotted.

My suggestion for the vest pouch would be it acts as a separate bag, for ammo only. But you can reload directly from the pouch, so the ammo doesn't use other inventory spaces. But, the rate needs to be decreased so they are rarer.

Or having it attached to your tool belt thus increasing your current bag capacity by 6 or whatever. I like that idea best.

I am also a fan of adding more loot to military and police zombies. You should be able to wear their camo. first think I thought of when I first started playing this game and I still think even if it makes camo less rare I prefer realism over rarity.

Edited by VISION305

i wonder if rocket could make it possible to wear a vest pouch and backpack at the same time?

i wonder if rocket could make it possible to wear a vest pouch and backpack at the same time?

Something I suggested back in my previous thread. But I don't think he'll go out of his way just to correct this one item anytime soon. I'm just suggesting this because it's a item that will never be used in-game.

Start with no bag. Make a spawn rate of vest pouch common. The rest of the have should be rare (more rare - more storage place). Or you can take a bag and a vest pouch but it will delete your side weapon's ammo slot so you can still have a flashlight.

Edited by Born to be Wild (PL)

the vest pouch should be exactly that.. a pouch on your vest. it should be worn on your chest so you can have a backpack and the vest pack at the same time. you dont need a fancy trick to animate the pack on your chest instead. just boom an extra six slots for you because you just picked up a vest pack which sits on your chest. that way maybe bandits opt not to have a vest pack because it makes you a bigger target. on the other side of the coin, as the survivor, im going to wear as many packs as i can.

if this was real, i would absolutely wear 2 packs: one on my back and one on my chest.

Edited by status