Stardrowned

Roamers/Herds?

I saw something today that I think may have been a bug, as I have never seen or heard of it happening, but I think it's something that should happen more often.

I was walking in the woods somewhat close to Nadezhdino, and I see in front of me a bunch of zombies, about 7 or 8, walking away from me, all in the exact same direction. They walked out of the woods and through a field, none of them veering at all from their perfectly straight path, until they got to the road intersecting the field, where they went to the left hand side of the road and followed it to the nearest town. I looked back and saw at least 2 more a little ways behind me, following pretty much the same path. I crawled out of the way and sat in the woods nearby, watching them, but got disconnected before I could see if they stayed in the town they made it to or kept walking somewhere else.

I watched this group of zombies just march out of the woods, across a field, and into a town. Unswerving, not aimless, but towards something, most likely, eventually, other players. After 50 hours of playing, I have never seen zombies do anything but mindlessly wander around their designated areas, unless they're chasing and killing.

If this is a normal thing, I apologize for my massive wall of text, but I want to see this more often.

I want to see herds of 20 zombies wandering in a straight path through the woods, over the hills, and fall upon Elektro in the middle of the night. Random, lone zombies following the road in the middle of nowhere, looking for a meal.

One zombie could see another, and maybe register that it has some target, vague as it might be, and just follow. Then another could see the, and thus a herd begins it's journey.

Uhh, so yeah, wall of text, but that zombie march was one of the most memorable things that happened to me in this game, and got me really excited for the idea of hordes of undead roaming the countryside.

So, anyone else experience one of these migrations?

TL/DR: I want to see "herds" of zombies roaming the countrysides/forest/outside of towns. Also I saw some zombies roaming and it may or may not have been a bug.

I think herds happen when players aggro and run for it. I've seen them near spawn cities. Perhaps it has to do with the zombies killing a person that has gone for a fun run into the woods?

A horde would be cool, a group of 10-20 zombies roaming the map at random, no set path, just active and rampaging around the map. It would make players question if the horde is nearby. Even better, if there were multiple hordes on the map, granted the map size.

Once the horde notices you, it will chase you like an individual zombie would.

Good idea, away from towns you can mindlessly sprint anywhere you want without the fear of zombies, I think that needs to stop.

I would love to be kept on my toes out in the wilderness. I think multiple but smaller persistent hordes of 4-5 zombies should be roaming aimlessly/randomly. 4-5 zombies is plenty to take you down when you're low on ammo in the woods or get surprised.

This would greatly enhance the gameplay to not only look out for players out of towns. This would also make people really paranoid at all times and increase the potential for amazing stories.

I would imagine that this is already a planned feature though. It makes too much sense.