scarecrowq

Deer stands?

Aright, so I have been hearing about how good these are just wondering what sort of areas they are found in (I don't want specific locations or maps as that ruins it...just what sort of terrain they are most often found in).

Thanks

most of them are found where you'd put up a deer stand. in the treeline overlooking fields.

if you run through the woods and come along some zombies in the middle of nowhere you're probably near a deer stand.

A'ight, cheers.

Yeah, don't see too many deer stands in London/Perth heh.

Edited by The1Scarecrow

often edge of woods/tree line facing an open field or area.

most also stand on a slope or hill overlooking pastures down hill

As these guys have already said, Deer Stands are found on the edges of tree lines. A good map I have used to help find them which has been posted in the forums can be found here:

http://dayzdb.com/map

I died earlier this morning and have started again specifically going for deer stands. Not going well, so far raided about 7 deer stands in the south west area and haven't found much except random handgun ammo and an empty AK. I don't doubt I'll drop the AK for something of poorer quality with ammo and then start to find AK ammo! :facepalm:

Good luck.

• Like 1

I don't recommend these stands because there are ALWAYS zombies nearby and you will probably bump into a player sooner or later!

Bookmark and use that map that someone posted. It will be hard enough to navigate by contour line and landmark with it unless you find a compass and map in game, in which case waypoints can help a lot.

(I have a 4x4 sheet printout, topo map of Chernorus LOL)

The deerstands have ok stuff, but you'll have to belly crawl past the military zombies that will be nearby. You can often get a nice big pack in the deer stands as well as a firearm.

Use the map, and also because of how zombies currently spawn (only if there is a player near by) it isn't too much of a pain to sneak into one. They generally move away from the stand slowly when they spawn, and I never have a problem checking it out.