Senrain

The ultimate answer to Banditry

Back up your pseudo facts with proofs please.

Fucking look at soldiers and cops for one that have killed or witnessed people die, that shit stick with so many of them. hell a huge number of soldiers suffer from ptsd. So why can't something to repersent such a thing be in game that effects you in some way.

Edited by TheCenturion

[Rocket] Humanity remains as a silent guardian, watchful protector. An ... unfinished feature.

Edited by ChinWooMan

So how do you propose to identify friendlies from hostiles in a non "gamey" way?

The only way i'd see it is if the player never fired a shot to another player. Anything else is subject to context.

Well one way of adding the possibility to be able to identify a bandit is to add the possibility to edit your clothes and add minor accessories, this wouldn't break the game. Also add the marks of combat on the characters as they conduct themselves in the game. Meaning that characters should be able to develop scars, limps or other tell tale signs of been wounded in combat - isn't this sensible?

Still... In the walking dead 99% of people meeting never shoot on sight, they always talk to each other, why is it so different on this game?

Fucking look at soldiers and cops for one that have killed or witnessed people die, that shit stick with so many of them. hell a huge number of soldiers suffer from ptsd. So why can't something to repersent such a thing be in game that effects you in some way.

Those people have to live the rest of their life in a society that condemn their actions and will label them forever as murderers.

What if there is no return to a civilized society?

Those people have to live the rest of their life in a society that condemn their actions and will label them forever as murderers.

What if there is no return to a civilized society?

we would still end up returning to a society and like all societies there and rules and individual views, so even there whether civilived or not you would still be viewed as a murderer and looked down apon by some or many.

if the damn zombies were attracted to the report of gunfire at greater distances and more often it wouldnt be an issue. and the idea of humanity is a sound idea. i cant understand why Rocket thinks its a bad idea. its not like he is forcing people to play one way or the other. choose to lose your humanity or keep it... choice should matter. and right now, it means nothing in this game. also, one idea would be to make ammo less available. mmm, if i shoot this guy, i wont have the ability to defend myself because ammo is really RARE... what to do.

FINALLY , good to see someone with a pair of balls who isn't whining about being killed.

we would still end up returning to a society and like all societies there and rules and individual views, so even there whether civilived or not you would still be viewed as a murderer and looked down apon by some or many.

nobody would ever know if you had killed someone , there is no police force/inestigation. If you kill someone in the middle of a forest , how would anyone ever know?

What happens in a zombie apocalypse would stay in the past.

tl;dfr

"Change nothing. Leave banditry the way it is. Because there is no problem"

That's all you needed.

I support this but have one concession: there has to be enough game for everyone. There's not enough outside the major cities, there's barely any enterable buildings or food . Farms are really the only places to go outside cities. Survivors should be free to play how they want and should not have to fight through bandit-infested cities to get a meal.

The way I see it, bandit and survivor are two different paced styles. Bandits rush into the towns and grab the best loot and then fight to maintain their position and prey on others. Survivors are more cautious and take longer to acquire decent loot but SHOULD survive longer on average. The trouble is you pretty much have to go into the cities whether you like it or not and that gives bandits the home advantage.

I'd love to see this game turn into a real post-apocalypse nation where groups of peaceful comrades build settlements dotted all over the map, gradually trade routes develop between settlements, which become a target for bandits who occupy hideouts in the cities. That idea must appeal to both bandits and comrades.

We need a chance to form these kind of communities or we will never get beyond a simple death-match.

However, some of you forget that DayZ has no rules. You play the game the way you want, not the way someone else wants.

(snip)

This is why I love this game, and if you try to restrict my freedom to make my own decisions within this wonderful cruel and lawless world...

Then I will fight you tooth and nail to the bitter end.

I am sure the "no rules" part are news to the developers and that they will be tossing and turning all night over the thought that you will fight them "tooth and nail to the bitter end" if they decide to change something in a way you don´t like. =)