Sign in to follow this  
iAwesome

[Help] Performance Tweak

Hello Forum!

I recently purchased Arma II AO and downloaded DayZ, I love the concept of the game, but my laptop is struggeling to run the game when I'm in big cities. I find it kinda weird, since my laptop can run all kinds of high-end games with decent fps. Therefore, instead of buying myself a new computer, I'm trying to figgure out how to tweak the game so that I get maxiumum performance. I've read some tweak guides on the internet already, but I'm still gonna post my Options and Ini. Files here, so that maybe some of you guys can give me some advice on how to tweak the performance even more.

Here's my current ArmA2OA.ini:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=720;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1280;

Render_H=720;

FSAA=1;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1568743424;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

FXAA=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

Here's my ArmA2OAPROFILE:

version=1;

blood=1;

singleVoice=0;

sceneComplexity=150000;

shadingQuality=0;

shadowQuality=0;

viewDistance=1600;

terrainGrid=10;

volumeCD=6.5;

volumeFX=8.5;

volumeSpeech=5.5;

volumeVoN=6.5;

maxSamplesPlayed=32;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

anisoFilter=0;

TexQuality=1;

TexMemory=1;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

useWBuffer=0;

fovTop=0.75;

fovLeft=1.3333334;

uiTopLeftX=0.125;

uiTopLeftY=0;

uiBottomRightX=0.875;

uiBottomRightY=1;

IGUIScale=1;

tripleHead=0;

mouseSmoothing=1

And my Video Options is:

Texture Detail: Low

Video Memory: Default

Anisotropic filtering: Disabled

Antialiasing: Disabled

Terrain Detail: Very Low

Object Detail: Very Low

Shadow Detail: Disabled

Hdr quality: Normal

Post Proc: Disabled

Vsync: Disabled

Resolution is 1280:720 on both interface and 3D

Attatching my Dxdiag here:

DxDiag.txt

1: Low FPS in cities is just common problem, right now. Best you can do, is make sure you play on the latest Beta Patches (from what I understood the new 1.62.95208, should bring a fair performance boost to cities) and wait for further improvements to both DayZ and Arma.

2: Make sure you play on server that has recently been restarted, the longer servers run the worse FPS you get (don't ask me why, don't know...just an observation, I have made)

People say that changing

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

to

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

is better for them.

And for my own personal experience, actually using Vsync is better for me. (Test yourself)

Truth be told, I think your major problem is your CPU.

Edited by Tweakie

1: Low FPS in cities is just common problem, right now. Best you can do, is make sure you play on the latest Beta Patches (from what I understood the new 1.62.95208, should bring a fair performance boost to cities) and wait for further improvements to both DayZ and Arma.

2: Make sure you play on server that has recently been restarted, the longer servers run the worse FPS you get (don't ask me why, don't know...just an observation, I have made)

People say that changing

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

to

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

is better for them.

And for my own personal experience, actually using Vsync is better for me. (Test yourself)

Truth be told, I think your major problem is your CPU.

What do you mean by playing on the latest beta patches. I usually just start the game with six launcher, and find a server that is 1.7.2.3 and "creating" if there are any, and usually with 50 ish ping.

Make sure you play on servers that run a 1.62.XXXXX version of the game.

It will prevent you from playing on 1.60.XXXXX and 1.61.XXXXX server, but should have improvements for city play.

I believe it is Beta patch 95168 and 95208 that = 1.62

By setting things on low, you are actually causing them to render on you CPU, Arma 2 is odd when it comes to optimizing and only uses the GPU(graphics card) if you put the setting on high or higher.

So since arma 2 is cpu intensive, putting settings on low and letting them render on the cpu will actually decrease frames than setting them to high and letting them render on your gpu.

:)

Edited by Booker

By setting things on low, you are actually causing them to render on you CPU, Arma 2 is odd when it comes to optimizing and only uses the GPU(graphics card) if you put the setting on high or higher.

So since arma 2 is cpu intensive, putting settings on low and letting them render on the cpu will actually decrease frames than setting them to high and letting them render on your gpu.

:)

That sounds weird :o So what do you suggest I enable? Everything or just some of the options? And should I get a default ini. file as well?

Make sure you play on servers that run a 1.62.XXXXX version of the game.

It will prevent you from playing on 1.60.XXXXX and 1.61.XXXXX server, but should have improvements for city play.

I believe it is Beta patch 95168 and 95208 that = 1.62

I'm using six launcher, how do I patch back to 1.62?

I hear if its your cpu having trouble with the game increasing the load on the gpu will give you a performance increase.