Sign in to follow this  
Catalogue

Bandits, Survivors or Abusers.

Alot of people are confusing what survivors, bandits and a Abusers are.

Survivors are like pacifists, They will not shoot on site but instead always ask friendly or salute. survivors survive on there own and interact with the rest of the community in a friendly way. They are not pacifists though, and they will return fire or shoot if they think of themselves in danger.

An Abuser is a team or solo player who has any range of long distance weapons which he uses to take out people, and then abort with no consuqeunces. Abusers kill for kills, and not for loot. they are considered by many (not all) the scum of the game, since they are abusing a glitch or fault in the system which is being patched at the moment. there are alot of abusers in DayZ at the moment.

Finally, a Bandit is a player who, like Abusers kills on sight, but like Survivors does it for better guns/to survive. Bandits aren't "CoD fags" or "12yr old wankers", they are completely legitimate players who use weaker, less prepared or nooby players as a resource.

Alot of players direct hate towards Bandits, it's stupid. Bandits are perfectly fine in DayZ. they are a compelling and interesting part of the game, they should not be looked down apon.

Sniper squads on Youtube Are Bandits.

Alt+F4 glitchers are Abusers.

Know the Difference.

Edited by Catalogue
  • Like 7

I like how you just made up a term, as well as described both survivors and bandits wrong and in a biased way.... Survivor's don't necessarily play completely passively, they will play to survive, hence why their called survivors. Survivors are still perfectly capable of killing someone on sight if their in need of supplies.

Bandit's are also capable of NOT killing on sight. They don't necessarily kill for the sake of killing, they could see someone with equipment that they want or they will shoot first to avoid being shot AT first and most of the time their better off for it.

Also, "Abusers", as you call them, can use literally any weapon(they don't even need a weapon tbh) and can alt+f4/abort when their being shot at first, not only after they miss.

@ OP - just so you know, iPhone viewers (and presumably anyone else on smart phones?) can't read peach or any other light text cos the background of the forum is white not black :(

So called 'Abusers'/'bandits' would be akin to psychopaths IRL... During an apocalypse, when the constraints of society fall - you will get people who will literally go on a killing spree... raping, mutilating, and eating anything and anyone.

I don't like this labelling system you conjured up there buddy.

Exploiters would be a more appropriate term... And people will exploit while the exploit is there.

Edited by ScramUK

So called 'Abusers'/'bandits' would be akin to psychopaths IRL...

What a man does in war does not make him who he is.

So called 'Abusers'/'bandits' would be akin to psychopaths IRL... During an apocalypse, when the constraints of society fall - you will get people who will literally go on a killing spree... raping, mutilating, and eating anything and anyone.

I don't like this labelling system you conjured up there buddy.

Exploiters would be a more appropriate term... And people will exploit while the exploit is there.

Tbh exploiters is a better Name than Abusers, but i won't change it since someone looking at the thread will see you comment and think WTF?

@ OP - just so you know, iPhone viewers (and presumably anyone else on smart phones?) can't read peach or any other light text cos the background of the forum is white not black :(

Changed :)

I like how you just made up a term, as well as described both survivors and bandits wrong and in a biased way.... Survivor's don't necessarily play completely passively, they will play to survive, hence why their called survivors. Survivors are still perfectly capable of killing someone on sight if their in need of supplies.

Bandit's are also capable of NOT killing on sight. They don't necessarily kill for the sake of killing, they could see someone with equipment that they want or they will shoot first to avoid being shot AT first and most of the time their better off for it.

Also, "Abusers", as you call them, can use literally any weapon(they don't even need a weapon tbh) and can alt+f4/abort when their being shot at first, not only after they miss.

I made up the term abusers because they abuse/exploit the games system. tbh nothing wrong with that.

Survivors are people who survive without killing others for supplies... i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats right. Survivors aren;t fully passive OFC since many people call themselves survivors but will shoot in self defence. thats in the OP

Bandits are people who use other people are resources for surviving (killing them)

And of course Abusers can use any game, why would even bother to point out something so meaningless that i forgot to include.

Edited by Catalogue

Bandits are people who use other people are resources for surviving (killing them)

I don't agree with that. In my mind, a true bandit is someone who goes the extra mile to rob the player he wants stuff from, without killing them.

I don't agree with that. In my mind, a true bandit is someone who goes the extra mile to rob the player he wants stuff from, without killing them.

The Days of Banditry when it wasn't shoot first questions later are long gone. Bandits are people who use people to get what they want, that can mean robbing them, exploiting them (suicide runs into cherno) or killing them

And to the poor phone users ~ I love Cyan<3

Do you shoot on sight when you are on site? There must be a sight to see on your site.

Ah i knew something felt wrong whilest i typed. >.<