Sign in to follow this  
aLmAnZo (DayZ)

Need technical help? This is your thread!

Hi!

I just got an idea... ARMA resembles an operative system more than it resembles a computer game. It has indeed become more of a platform than it is a game, at least it has for me, who plays with different mods at different times. As such, it might not be the most user friendly thing in the world, especially not for those who are new to the scene.

So, I thought, why not help out?

My idea for this thread is to get all the people who are willing to help to one thread, so people who have trouble might have a place to start. It's a resource for people in need of help, but I do not intend it for people to post their questions in, rather I intend it for people who are willing to help.

If you are willing to do so, simply reply to this thread so people can see your user name.

The rules is simple, if you have questions or problems with installing DayZ, simply send me (or hopefully some of the other support guys who shows up) a PM, and I'll send you my skype adress and talk you through the process. If you could share your screen, that would of course make it easier, but it's not a requirement.

My motivation for this is simple. I love ARMA and would like to contribute so that more people get to enjoy the game. In addition, I've encountered several threads requesting help for simple problems who are a pain to explain by typing. I've felt the urge to encourage people to contacting me directly several times, so that they can get up and running quick. Efficiency is key here, I hate it when new players have to make a thread, then several posts when new problems occur.

I will not be able to help with all sorts of problems, but at least I can help you get up and running if you have trouble figuring out how to install DayZ.

Disclaimber: I do not guarantee that I respond to each request, and I will not be able to handle all this by my self. This idea only works if other people contribute as well. This is a free service, done out of care for others, don't expect instant response and a guaranteed fix, I will do what I can. At the same time, I might stop helping people some time in the future as well.

• Like 1