Sign in to follow this  
Madsen1337

[Newbie Guide] Getting Started: Supplies & Weapons

Like many other new players i had trouble gathering supplies in the towns because of all the zombies that makes it hard when you dont got a weapon. but i easily came well equipped by doing these easy steps.

Step 1. Get off the coast it will get you nowhere

Step 2. Go north find some barnes or outhoses theres usually some weapons and ammo in the barnes

Step 3. Now that you've got a weapon you should be able to take down a zombie or two, so its time to scavenge for real supplies, in my experience with the game theres usually a really low count of zombies in the game world in low populated servers so find a server with almost nobody in it and get in there and scavenge.

And thats it !

some might say its dumb or a bad thing to do but i did it and it paid off.

in less than 40 minutes of avoiding and carefully crawling through town and barnes i got:

Makarov PM+ 5 Mags (Later an M1911+ 4 Mags

Winchester 1866 + 6 Slug Rounds

A map

A Watch

Binoculars

Bottle of water

Some food

Hopefully this will help some of you get started with the game

Sorry, your Post is nice, but I do this in about a quarter of the time..

If I'm lucky, I spawn at Cherno or Elektro, because there I only have to visit Supermarket, Firestation, some residentials and maybe the hospital and military camp.

That's it and it takes one single run, because instead of killing those zombies following you, you just run through some buildings, getting those dumbsters stuck in there.

Took me 10 Minutes to get:

-Makarov with 4 Mags

-AKS74-Kobra with 3 Mags

-ALICE Pack

-Binocs

-Watch

-Map

-Compass

-Hunting knife

-Hatchet

-Box of matches

-Every medical supply needed

-Food supplies for at least two days

-And for a friend I took M1911 with 3 Mags

(-tent //didn't carry)

Right after this I went to the smaller towns away from the coast and had no probs surviving ;) Maybe this was a lucky run, but when getting killed, I don't cry, because I allways do it like this and it's that easy..

Step 1: Go to cherno/elektro. Whichever is closest. If it is not close, respawn, it will save you time in the end.

Step 2: Find a gun (or 2), food, water, and basic medical supplies (include bloodbags if you have a partner)

Note: Only aim for the bare basics, anything else you find is a bouns.

Step 3: Once you have the bare basics, get out, and get out fast. Then head north.

Step 4: Hit up deer stands, military camps, and airstrips while looking for heli crash sites

Step 6: Die (in a variety of ways)

Step 7: go back to Step 1

Welcome to DayZ

I wont leave the coast until I atleast have some Morphine, rest of the stuff u need can be found quite easy on your trip north, morphine is not one of the easier things to find away from the coast.

One miss step or one unlucky zombie hit and without morphine you might as well restart.