Loki713

Cannot see zombies

Hey there guys,

My friend recently installed Arma2:Combined Operations and proceeded to update to the latest beta patch as well as downloading/extracting the 1.7.2.3 torrent to his game folder. But upon entering a server he cannot see any zombies, he can interact with other players and loot items but zombies are non existent. The debug monitor clearly states '0/0' zombies, we thought it was a server issue but it doesn't matter what server he joins the problem persists.

If you think it's a problem with the files locations, it is not. The files are located at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons"

and he has placed "-mod=@DayZ" in the target field of the beta launcher icon.

He has also tried updating with Six Launcher too see if that fixed the issue, it did not.

If anyone has any more ideas, please feel free to leave suggestions.

• Like 1

Hey there guys,

My friend recently installed Arma2:Combined Operations and proceeded to update to the latest beta patch as well as downloading/extracting the 1.7.2.3 torrent to his game folder. But upon entering a server he cannot see any zombies, he can interact with other players and loot items but zombies are non existent. The debug monitor clearly states '0/0' zombies, we thought it was a server issue but it doesn't matter what server he joins the problem persists.

If you think it's a problem with the files locations, it is not. The files are located at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons"

He has also tried updating with Six Launcher too see if that fixed the issue, it did not.

If anyone has any more ideas, please feel free to leave suggestions.

My friend is having the same issue too. :/

That's the first part that stands out to me. That should be in the launch details on steam, not in the beta icon in the folder. If that's what you're referring to.

That's the first part that stands out to me. That should be in the launch details on steam, not in the beta icon in the folder. If that's what you're referring to.

He doesn't launch the game through steam, he launches it via the beta patch launch shortcut. That's why it's not needed in steam.

Oh ok. I just thought if it was a steam game, you might as well run it through steam and get the overlay etc. That's what I do.

What beta are you running, how is that set up?

Edited by KennyNZ

He doesn't launch the game through steam, he launches it via the beta patch launch shortcut. That's why it's not needed in steam.

Me and my friend do that too, although my dayz works fine and his doesn't.

He is running beta build 95208, which he downloaded off the patch website and installed.

I would be using a different beta. I am on 95045 I think it is? And it works fine. It's best to not just go and download the latest beta, you will generally have a bad time. Look at what the majority of servers that have a full population are using, and get that. Maybe try a full reinstall with an older beta?