ChapYurin

Flashlight + pistol symbiosis

So I suggest to add a slot for flashlight instead of making it secondary weapon slot :-/. Also you could use it WITH your secondary(sidearm) weapon only. I mean something like this:

alan-wake-screenshots-013_medium.jpg

Tell me what you think about this idea.

I kind of wondered why the flashlight requires the use of the secondary weapon slot in the first place. It's pretty counter-productive to choose between a pistol and a flashlight, and extremely unrealistic.

I feel as if the flashlight should take up a spot in the utilities section (like where the map goes) and if you have one, you hit a button to turn it on and sends a beam of light out. Realistically, military flashlights have 90 degree lenses with clips on the back of them so you can hang them from a pocket and still have forward-facing light...that seems like a viable alternative to me.

I'm in support of this. I know if I was in a zombie apocalypse, I wouldn't choose between the two. I'd take both and either hold it like that photo or strap the light to my pants/shirt.

i belive it's pretty much possible to have a flashlight in hands as you got flares or chemlights atm,

btw

ArmA OA ( your default operation arrowhead without mods) which you guys don't even play, got weapons with flashlight and even lasers attached. not sure about pistols, but ACE mod surely got usp with flashlight.

btw

ArmA OA ( your default operation arrowhead without mods) which you guys don't even play' date=' got weapons with flashlight and even lasers attached. not sure about pistols, but ACE mod surely got usp with flashlight.

[/quote']

G17 and Remington already present in DayZ mod have flashlight attachments.

I think it is too difficult to do' date=' and devs will find more important thing to do.

[/quote']

you clearly have no idea how arma works. everything is possible here with bytes of coding. (almost everything)

yeah this would be cool!!!

in a zombie apocalypse if it was real and all id strap the flashlight on my forehead so i would be like the dude in halo or a power ranger!

if it went in utilities that would be damn awesome!

I like the idea of a headlamp add on a lot of civilian and military use them so it could be a lot more common but maybe nerf them a bit with how far the beam goes.

I was thinking, why not just put the flashlight in the accessory slots (like the map, gps etc.), and be able to use it from there? Ofcourse it might take up a few more slots, but i don't know if that will be possible.

The headlamp idea is pretty neat. You could make it go in the NVG slot (If that would work. I know literally nothing about coding mods or videogames in general) since those are so rare.

You could make it go in the NVG slot

Yessss, this is perfect. Probably much easier to code the flashlight/secondary weapon thing. Headlamps for NVG slot, and have them about 1/3 the light distance as the flashlight.

Yes, this is a good idea, we all want this, especially with the 1.7.1 patch coming and gamma and brightness no longer working, it will be required to have a light. and NO ONE will choose a light over a sidearm, how many times have we passed up a flashlight to keep the gun? because the loss of a sidearm is much worse than having a flashlight u will only use a night