Jushe

My Computer randomly started lagging when I play DayZ

I used to be able to run Arma II and DayZ perfectly fine then one day it randomly started lagging while playing...I logged off and logged back in and for a minute or so and the game ran fine. Then it started lagging again. Its not just DayZ because the Arma II main menu lags too. My Computer should have all the stats required to run the game atleast http://www.systemrequirementslab.com says so... Please Help me...I just wanna play again I don't know why It stopped running smoothly. :(

Here are my Stats:

aob5so.png

Please Help :(

Edited by Jushe

There can be NUMEROUS issues with your computer that no one other than you will know about, so it's extremely hard for us to pinpoint the problem. Have you tried setting the arma process in your task manager to high or realtime?

There's a big chance that it's your video card overheating. I use to have this problem, play a game for 10 minutes then lag for 5 minutes. And it just keeps repeating over and over again. I would recommend you take off the side of your case so you can see in, start the game and frequently feel the card for heat. When the lag starts, it should be very hot and dangerous to touch. To fix this, either get another fan in your PC to improve circulation, get a new graphics card with better heat ventilation, or how I fixed it: take any kind of floor fan or standing fan and put it up against your PC with sides off. This should fix the problem.

I've put it to high in task manager...it goes alittle faster but not the speed it used to go.. the thing is though that it used to work fine but it just randomly stopped one day...Oh... maybe it is my card..It runs other demanding games such as Shogun 2 just fine though...

Edited by Jushe

I tried that, It helped but not enough, Its still not as good as it used to be..