Sign in to follow this  
Mobeus (DayZ)

More or more difficult zombies

When I play dayz, the zombies are just a annoyance to me and not a challenge. I feel that they should be more challenging to kill and/or move around them. Not to the point where you can't go solo, but if you do go solo, I think big city's should be avoided because of the amount on zombies there and not because of the amount of bandits.

I've only just started viewing the dayz forums and I've already seen tons of threads about punishing bandits. I don't like the idea of punishing that play style.

Instead, I think teamplay should be encouraged to maybe reduce the number of bandits. For example - If the zombies are harder to kill or move around to get better items, rather then kill everyone in sight because zombies don't really matter, more people might think "Oh cool I see someone just spawned, I'll go see if he wants to help getting into this city for better items.". I know a lot of people think this way already because (most of the time) when I yell "Friendly! Friendly!" over the mic they stop shooting and we work together.

I know there might be limits to the number of zombies in one area but that is just an idea to think about for later in development. Zombie damage or health could be changed tho?

I'm new to these forums so if this has already been suggested or is already in the minds of the devs, I am sorry.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Mobeus

First, lets get their glitchy movement and stuff fixed first :P teleporting, olympian zigzaggin zombies are just anoying yea, and they make you bleed every hit.

make them a bit slower so you can actually outrun them over an open field. man i dont know about the number of zombies.. i think sometimes there is way too many some places.

Zombies pretty much in the current stage arent a threat. And like the previous poster alreadys stated, their movement should be more predictable, atleast. Speed could be kept same and reduce the run ability of player characters. Meaning you cannot run at your max speed for 24/7. I've heard rocked has mentioned increasing zombie numbers up to thousands when it's possible. I think this will change things for a better, but only time will tell.

Yeah yeah why does the zombie strafe me does it know about bullets or does it wants brains