Sign in to follow this  
Sentinal (DayZ)

How to not get your ass shot

A guide for new (and some old players) to not get your ass shot

1. Stay out of Cherno and Elektro if you are new, they are death traps without a carefully planned route and knowledge of Zed aggro mechanics.

2. If you see another player, call out friendly over direct coms (caps lock is the button to turn mic on), if you have no mic use text to tell them (/ key for text chat)

3. If the player looks well armed and has friends with him, you generally should stay out of sight and out of their way. Me and my friend play and we went into Cherno with military assault rifles, some foolish person waited with a double barrel shotgun outside the church while we were inside looting. Me and my friend sprinted out of the church because stealth is irrelevant in Cherno and he missed with his shotgun. He then proceeded to get his ass shot by my AKS-74 Kobra.

4. If you call out friendly on mic and they do not respond, shoot them.

5. People with scoped rifles are generally not friendly but do not just shoot them on that pretense unless you are fairly sure they are hostile. People who play this game as a deathmatch style game are commonly the ones that get their ass' shot.

And here is a little tip for all new people GET GEAR, GET NORTH. You need gear on coast such as canteens, hunting knives, hatchets, matches etc, then go north. The more north you are, the safer you are as long as you stay away from the NW Airfield, Stary Sobor and to a lesser extent Berezino.

Edited by Narks
  • Like 2

I call out friendly THEN shoot them.

• Like 1

Berezino is mostly harmless, only ever seen one friendly survivor, and one or two bandits there. The first bandit ran away chased by twenty plus zombies, the second one took an Axe to the back. It's the best place to head for when starting out, it has everything Cherno and Elektro has minus the Firestations and Churches, but Berezino has a Military camp.

In short, vacation in Berezinio.

How not to get your ass shot.

1. Wear a bulletproof vest like a diaper.

• Like 1