Sign in to follow this  
Ryizine

Amazon version of Arma 2 and OA, some assistance?

So like the giant noob that I am, I bought my copy from Amazon. I have been trying to get this mod to work for days now, and have been met with failure each time. I followed the installation for retail instructions on this forum a thousand times, and I get the error "CA_Dubbing_Countersrike" I imagine this has something to do with combined ops?

So here is my question, is there an extremely detailed fool-proof method to get Dayz to work for me lol?

Every time I get into the game, all the servers have red X's so I'm not all that sure what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded all the current files, the current beta and such, now I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Also, just as a precaution to failure, is my Arma 2 folder supposed to be in regular Program files? My Arma 2 OA is in the X86 program files folder, are they supposed to be in the same program file area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not all that savy with extensive mod work, but I would quite like to play this Mod XD

I have, and I still haven't gotten any results :(

I haven't been able to find a guide for the Six launcher anyhow.

Edited by Ryizine

have you installed patches? http://www.arma2.com...=folder〈=en

after that install beta patch.

before you play DayZ run the game once, exit after main menu.

A2 and OA installed into the same folder?

you have to setup both game into the same directory

if its not steam version, install DayZ manually, download the latest torrent create folder inside Arma root folder called @DayZ then inside this folder create folder addons, copy all the files from the torrent into this folder.

in game go to main menu > expansions > activate @DayZ , game will restart.

Edited by DooM4MR

Well, I'm going to get the steam version, as it seems the easiest possible way.