Zippo99

A Cautionary Tale Involving a Helicopter

I spent this weekend immersing myself in the apocalyptic wasteland that is Chernarus when I had a most unpleasant experience and I thought I'd tell you all about it here. So here goes...

I'd spent hours crawling through a town swarming with zombies and fuckwit players determined to murder me for my beans, eventually i holed up in a church with a few other survivors, I kept a beady eye on the entrance expecting bandits or zombies to swarm in when one of my trusted compadres suddenly BLEW HIS OWN BRAINS OUT - so that was cool cos i took his beans. Then i sneaked over to the fire station where there were a bunch of corpses of survivors who'd had a shootout, looted their corpses too (starting to make me sound like a vulture) but then i went in the fire station and got a sweet shotgun and crossbow whilst some asshole took potshots at the town i was in from the forest, so eventually i make a break for the woods and head north for about half an hour.

So after crawling around a few zombie-ridden villages I come across a fucking helicopter and i think fuck yeah helicopter time, but it needs repairing so I shout out for anyone who has helicopter parts to come meet me, by this time it's getting pitch black outside and the helpful survivor appears to be struggling to find me, so I light a campfire using one of my precious hard-won matches outside a small village to aid him in his search. All of a sudden he and his two other friends turn up... both of which seem slightly trigger happy and mad... so ignoring my better judgment I carefully lead them to the helicopter through the pitch blackness, just basking in my awesome teamwork skills and all-round thoughtfulness when suddenly...

BANG one of the cunts shoots me in the back right there and steals everything I've spent hours accruing.

And that, my friends, is why you never trust anyone in Day Z.

P.S If anyone wants to team up, PM me.

was it those SOH guys? I played on a server with two players carrying an SOH clantag and they were actively ambushing players near a helicopter.

It was in the middle of the night, one of the guys I was with climbed in the gunner's seat and shot me - I believe.

You can trust people if you trust your better judgement' date=' hm.

[/quote']

I know what you're getting at Bandit Hunter, this is one of the incidents that has made me re-think how I deal with other people in this game. And by re-think I mean they better be communicative and there needs to be clear evidence of them being friendly, if there's any doubt they're getting a Makarov Salad .

Case in point, last night I was sneaking around the airfield at Balota - see a survivor climbing up the stairs of the control tower, I gun him down and creep up the stairs to see two of his bandit buddies. They panicked and I watched them fumbling their weapons, I dropped to the floor and pumped what seemed like three full Makarov clips into them. They had military shotguns, tents, the whole she-bang.

Something tells me if I'd announced my presence and attempted to be friendly I'd have got Call of Dutied.