acebane

Spread The Word: Hacker Awareness

Hello Day Z Community,

My name is S6! Acebane and I make a variety of youtube videos and you can view my channel from my signature. In any case, I want to increase awareness across the board for all of the Day Z community of how they should deal with hackers/exploiters/dupers on their servers. I feel there's not a lot of places to go to that give you all the information needed to take care of hackers, so I took it upon myself to make a video for it.

You can also find amateur cheaters who try to connect and get caught by battle eye in your server_console.log file (Where you find the ID/GUIDs).

For example:

17:58:31 Player XxEPICxJ0K3RxX kicked off by BattlEye: GameHack #38

17:58:31 Player XxEPICxJ0K3RxX disconnected.

It's up to us as a community to get informed and figure out how best to deal with "hackers" who ruin our Day Z experience. So let's start by getting everyone we can aware of the issues here and how to "combat" the issues. If you know any server admins, direct them to this video!

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Acebane
  • Like 35

very nice video. I have one question tho

Is it easy to spot hacks at server logs?

if it is, why admins dont have something like an id pool for hacking players with log proofs?

and teleportation..seeing everything on map is so serious. probably worst thing ever yet.

Yesterday, for the first time I had ural truck and some hacker teleported to my hidden location - ural gone..

^^ This

naah she is all for people locking their server to gather all vehicles and weapons and such, so do not believe in this post.

Anyways Ace, good video, we might get a server soon so we will use these ideas.

• Like 1

edit: unrelated comment.

Anyway, thanks OP. Already subscribed to your youtube. Your hold ups are hilarious.

Edited by Super67_

very nice video. I have one question tho

Is it easy to spot hacks at server logs?

if it is, why admins dont have something like an id pool for hacking players with log proofs?

and teleportation..seeing everything on map is so serious. probably worst thing ever yet.

Yesterday, for the first time I had ural truck and some hacker teleported to my hidden location - ural gone..

It's not that easy actually to find "Hacks" in the server logs because it's usually embedded within 2+ GB of text lol. Not to mention, they can name the script something that's harder to detect. For example, they probably won't call it "uberhacks.sqf" lol. That's why when you notice something suspicious, you should send it to the Day Z support team who can take it apart and figure out if it's dirty or not.

• Like 1

Yeah, those logs are no joke. It records EVERYTHING... It took me years to sift through it, not to mention an additional year to open the file.

Hello Day Z Community,

My name is S6! Acebane and I make a variety of youtube videos and you can view my channel from my signature. In any case, I want to increase awareness across the board for all of the Day Z community of how they should deal with hackers/exploiters/dupers on their servers. I feel there's not a lot of places to go to that give you all the information needed to take care of hackers, so I took it upon myself to make a video for it.

It's up to us as a community to get informed and figure out how best to deal with "hackers" who ruin our Day Z experience. So let's start by getting everyone we can aware of the issues here and how to "combat" the issues. If you know any server admins, direct them to this video!

Thank you for your time.

Helpful, thanks man.

Hopefully the persons are not using TOR, vpn or proxy servers otherwhise ipban isnt doing much use unfortunaly. The real bad thing is that anyone can google how to edit and run mailicous scripts. Its just a way of cheating as in any other game. Lets just hope that most arent to clever and know how to cover their tracks.

Great video, shame the devs don't have time to make this info available on their own (plenty of interviews going around though!).

Seems like there should either be a process that allows the DayZ devs to batch filter the server logs on their own instead of passing the buck on to the player base and server admins, many of whom won't see this forum or thread, or a debug feature should be added which allows you to report players within the game. Both require more work from the devs, but releasing a game/mod littered with hacks is not advisable for anyone hoping to maintain their success and has been a problem for DayZ longer than tolerable for most.

no, its a help to bust nub hackers thread

@hazedaze, where?

de 358 i think. not sure.

Thank you guys for spreading the word.

Holy cow a 2GB log-file is just insane! Why is Arma 2 engine not splitting it into smaller more manageable chunks?

Why is it so difficult to find out if/when modified scripts have been run on a specific server?

Is it not possible to block foreign/modified scripts from being run on an Arma2 server? Or at least have some sort of routine that flags them as "external"?

Holy cow a 2GB log-file is just insane! Why is Arma 2 engine not splitting it into smaller more manageable chunks?

Why is it so difficult to find out if/when modified scripts have been run on a specific server?

Is it not possible to block foreign/modified scripts from being run on an Arma2 server? Or at least have some sort of routine that flags them as "external"?

Haha, these are all questions for Battleeye or someone with more authority than me. BTW, I think you could split the log files if you managed the dedicated server on your own, but for people like me who went through a server host provider, they manage the logs size.

unfortunately the hacking will never end, battleye is just totally inept and the admins can't even be expected to be able to find this stuff in the logs.

Why the fuck are scripts allowed to run anyway?

If you run into a smart hacker your fucked, there always ahead of the game especially with this broken engine code. I will go out on the limb and say this game is easier to hack then the whole Cod franchise combined.

I believe that the only way of combating a cheater is through communication and honest admins and players working together.

Learning about all that I really don't expect you admins to go though those steaming piles of logs just to be able to submit a ticket to the "authorities".

Is there a way of using a shared banned players database like other games do?

I am talking about a community-maintained tool with which the admins can share their bans.txt and compile it into a global ban-list effective for all servers where this tool is installed?

Another informative video Acebane. Hopefully informing more people about hackers will help. I just want them to all go away it's getting annoying.