Brainling

US 899 - Aegis and Brainling's Playground

We're proud to announce the availability of US 899, hosted in Phoenix Arizona by Brainling (that's me!) and Aegis (he's my roommate). Our goal us to host a fun, vibrant server, where people feel like they're playing with a community, not just random survivors.

Without further ado, the info:

WHAT:

US 899 - A server hosted by Aegis and Brainling

Beta Version: 95417

DayZ Version: 1.7.2.4

Difficulty: Veteran (3DP: On. CH: On)

Slots: 40

TeamSpeak 3: us899.typefrag.com:7430

Password: wang

WHERE:

In your favorite server browser! Search for US 899.

Direct Connect: 174.138.168.58:2802

Hosted in Phoenix Arizona

WHO:

Brainling and Aegis

RULES:

1) No racist or sexist hate speech (profanity and smack talk 'in-bounds' is fine)

2) You aren't an admin, don't act like one. It's very unlikely we even know you or would risk our white-list for you.

3) Have fun. Feel free to ruin someone's day provided it's within the framework of these simple rules.

Feel free to login and enjoy yourself! Until the admin ticketing system is in place, feel free to post here if you have an admin issue that needs addressed, or just have a question.

Some quick info about myself and Aegis: We are best friends and roommates who have played video games together for almost seven years. We've played everything from World of WarCraft to Battlefield 3 and everything in between. We've both been playing DayZ since late May, and became so hooked, we decided we needed to contribute to the community by hosting a well admined and updated server.

Some quick FAQ:

Q) Third person? Will you turn it off?

A) No. We enjoy having third person on. It's a personal preference, but we feel we should be able to play the way we enjoy on the server we run. If you don't like 3DP, this is not the server for you. Sorry!

Q) Cross hairs?

A) See above.

Q) Will you ban <insert name>? He shot me at the NW Airfield!

A) NO! Not only is this against the DayZ hosting rules, it's dumb anyway. Part of the game is getting shot.

Q) Will you ban <insert name>? He called me a racial or sexual slur.

A) We won't ban them right away, but we will kick them with a warning. Post here or hit up the ticket system. Be reasonable though. If I get flooded with these because someone called you a bad word that wasn't directly hate speech, I am going to start ignoring the requests.

Q) Can you reboot the server? It's acting up and/or only spawning tin cans.

A) I can if it's urgent enough. Post here and describe the issue, and we'll see.

Q) Will you add slots beyond 40?

A) It's always on the table, but it depends on how we feel the community around the server is growing. We don't want to host a 60 man server just to do so, we want to host a community server, as already stated.

Edited by Brainling

7/20/2012: Updated to Beta 95208.

7/23/2012: Updated to Beta 95248.

7/31/2012: Fully updated to latest patches.

Edited by Brainling

<Reserved For Server Updates>

I don't get it. You'll edit this response but not the OP? :huh:

Good luck and have fun with your server! :beans: I'll make sure to drop by sometime.

Did you just buy this server? such a shame you guys are paying for so little control over 40+ a month.

Did you just buy this server? such a shame you guys are paying for so little control over 40+ a month.

Go troll another thread. I knew exactly what I was getting when I paid for it. You're not hitting me with some grand revelation. You really ought to be less concerned with what others do with their money.

Edited by Brainling

I don't get it. You'll edit this response but not the OP? :huh:

Good luck and have fun with your server! :beans: I'll make sure to drop by sometime.

It's a habit from other forums I've been on, to reserve the first post for updates, so the OP doesn't get out of control and stays just the need to know info.

Just played on your server for about an hour and my frames didn't drop one bit! Also appreciated telling the server that your updating the server. I'd love to actually survive next to you and your room mate one day. :thumbsup: Best of luck in the apocolypse!

Thanks Oran :) Feel free to drop by any time! And join in Mumble when I get the info posted (just waiting on some config stuff on the Mumble server).

Had some weird dysyncing issues last night, that seem to be gone...sorry for that everyone. We're now up to date with beta 95208.

Edited by Brainling

What timezone are you guys using on the server? I'm considering moving our little group of 5 people over here but we'd like to be able to play in the evenings with some daylight left. (US Central TZ)

We're pacific, so you should get quite a bit of daylight in your evenings. The server doesn't get dark until it starts to get dark at my house, which is ~9PM pacific. (Exact is GMT-8)

Edited by Brainling

It's not supposed to, that's supposed to be disabled by the DayZ mission file.

I'm working on a Ruby restart script now, so restarts on the server should become much better announced soon.

Just updated to Beta 95248, as per the DayZ teams request. If you guys see any issues, let me know.

TeamSpeak 3 info thrown in the OP. We had an issue getting Mumble going, so we're going to use a TS3 server at least for now. We may go mumble at a later time.