Sign in to follow this  
Bluetorchtv

Patch 95168 framerate issues

Did the most recent patch cause anyone else to have terrible framerates? Before this patch I would average probably 40fps or so, now it runs 10fps or so.

I can't successfully install 95208. I run it just like I do every other beta patch install that I've done, but I'm unable to join any server running 95208.

Edited by BunnyHillPro

Several people have reported that 95168 actually improved their framerate. Odd that it had the opposite effect for you :/ Maybe it was just a bad server you tried it on?

Patch 95208 isn't running on any server according to dayz commander though, it was just released.

I can't successfully install 95208. I run it just like I do every other beta patch install that I've done, but I'm unable to join any server running 95208.

in the main menu of ArmA 2 CO/OA what is the number in the bottom right? It should read 1.62.95208 if it is different then the patch has installed incorrectly or not at all. Also, you are installing it using the executable from here? http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Several people have reported that 95168 actually improved their framerate. Odd that it had the opposite effect for you :/ Maybe it was just a bad server you tried it on?

Patch 95208 isn't running on any server according to dayz commander though, it was just released.

It's running on FR16, your tool is wrong or needs to be refreshed.

Edited by icomrade

anyway to roll back to a previous beta? my server is on 1.61.95057, or maybe trick the server and just get on?

Edited by Spoonikle

anyway to roll back to a previous beta? my server is on 1.61.95057, or maybe trick the server and just get on?

Sure, remove your beta folder from your OA directory and install 95099 (the last patch before 1.62). I always make backups of my expansion/beta folder every time a major update is released.

in the main menu of ArmA 2 CO/OA what is the number in the bottom right? It should read 1.62.95208 if it is different then the patch has installed incorrectly or not at all. Also, you are installing it using the executable from here? http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

It's running on FR16, your tool is wrong or needs to be refreshed.

Oh right, sorry, had some filters on. :|

Well, after joining a server running 95208, not 95168, the issues have appeared to stop :) On a side note, I didnt know that it was even possible to play on a server running a previous version than the one you have.

Sure, remove your beta folder from your OA directory and install 95099 (the last patch before 1.62). I always make backups of my expansion/beta folder every time a major update is released.

so even though i have the latest beta patch, all i have to do is delete it and download the patch at ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip?