Marines7L

Need help with FPS issues

Hi, so i've been messing with stuff to improve my performance on DayZ ever since I got it, because i know that Arma is a HUGE memory hog. I've been getting from 14-24 fps. I mostly stick at ~18. I have set my settings to all the lowest, I went in the files and changed GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1; and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;. Still getting terrible lag. Also, I discovered that when i look at the ground, I boost straight up to 50 FPS, same with the sky, and this is probably because its rendering less things? I'm not sure what else to do, i've tried so many things and I would like to play without lagspikes.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.120503-2030)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 580

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8056MB RAM

Page File: 2236MB used, 13872MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GT 220

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 493 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB

Shared Memory: 3582 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Let me know if I am missing any details because I am not the smartest computer person lol.

Thanks for the help, fast replies are VERY appreciated.

Edited by Marines7L

Your GPU is the only thing letting you down, but tweak a few settings and you should be able to run DayZ at an ok framerate.

Try a few of these:

Set your Video Memory in the in-game options to DEFAULT (not high, med, low etc..)

Set 3D/Interface resolutions to the same setting, don't have them differing and try and get them as close to native as possible without large performance dips

Set shaders to very high (poor optimisation on other settings)

Post processing to the lowest possible setting

Turn AA down

Visibility down

Edited by Aftershok

Your GPU is the only thing letting you down, but tweak a few settings and you should be able to run DayZ at an ok framerate.

Try a few of these:

Set your Video Memory in the in-game options to DEFAULT (not high, med, low etc..)

Set 3D/Interface resolutions to the same setting, don't have them differing and try and get them as close to native as possible without large performance dips

Turn AA down

Visibility down

Thanks for the reply! I have basically all of this done, but my shaders, do you mean turn shadows on very high? I tried that and it makes me lag harder. And is GPU my graphics card?

Edited by Marines7L

Haha, OP, I have the same thing when looking at the ground and sky, weird huh? I did a ton of stuff to increase my FPS, and though it's worked. Sometimes it will lag HARD, dunno if it's the servers I join or what, but sometimes I'll play really smooth with a little lag, not noticeable, other times it will lag a lot. When look at trees, my FPS drops. And if it's playing smooth, I'll look at the trees and only notice a little lag. Dunno, it's weird, I even flush my video memory when I first start too. I know I have a shitty laptop, but I've ran it to the point where's it playable, especially if I can kill others when they're shooting at me :P

• Like 1

Haha, OP, I have the same thing when looking at the ground and sky, weird huh? I did a ton of stuff to increase my FPS, and though it's worked. Sometimes it will lag HARD, dunno if it's the servers I join or what, but sometimes I'll play really smooth with a little lag, not noticeable, other times it will lag a lot. When look at trees, my FPS drops. And if it's playing smooth, I'll look at the trees and only notice a little lag. Dunno, it's weird, I even flush my video memory when I first start too. I know I have a shitty laptop, but I've ran it to the point where's it playable, especially if I can kill others when they're shooting at me :P

What did you do to increase your FPS? Also, i can actually play my game to the point that I can move around with friends etc. But I struggle to even take out 1 zombie with and AK74-U (I used like 20 shots to kill ONE). So if i get into a firefight im dead.

What did you do to increase your FPS? Also, i can actually play my game to the point that I can move around with friends etc. But I struggle to even take out 1 zombie with and AK74-U (I used like 20 shots to kill ONE). So if i get into a firefight im dead.

Just did this, it's also the same thing you did too. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/wqx8q/getting_low_fps_try_this/

Try a few of these:

Turn AA down

Visibility down

Under the in game video options I have no option next to video memory saying 'default', I can only chose from low, medium or high :/ Is there a way around this?

yea same and why would i set it to default and not high? my gpu has 1.5gb of ram, wouldnt it make sense to put video memory at high? also i read the max video memory setting for dayz is 512mb anyway and that is on high setting, correct me if im wrong

That link says to set '-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz -world=empty -winxp' in the sixlauncher launch settings. How do I do that? I know how to do it in steam but I'm running it through the launcher instead.

Just copy that to 'additional start up parameters'?

Edited by DarkMario616