Sign in to follow this  
heinzefabian@ymail.com

Private Server with own DB and not connected to HIVE allowed?

This is not officially allowed and should you get caught, you may be banned from DayZ. Best to just wait for an official solution to private servers.

Here is the only reference I have to this:

Q: Can you give us the mission files so me and my friends can play on a private server?

A: The way DayZ works means that you cannot run the mission privately because it is synced to our external program and database. A possible DayZ Lite may be released in the future where people can make their own missions.

I'm not positive on the possible ban part, but I can only assume that it's possible that you may be banned for it.

Nobody can stop you. Go ahead. If you have the ability to setup your own private hive server then feel free.

Edited by SuperTuck

That's very true. Only downside is that if it's made public, it'll confuse some people since well...no hive. But yeah SuperTruck is completely right.

Nobody can stop you. Go ahead. If you have the ability to setup your own private hive server then feel free.

Why it sounds so pissed? ^^

Well it be would be private, and not public of course.

If you do one, just have the courtesy of leaving a note in the server title if you ever plan on leaving it unlocked.