Sign in to follow this  
mio.rogvall@gmail.com

Who are the people who seal off buildings?

Seriously.

I can get why people seal of fire stations etc, even though i dont agree with it and think its griefing i still UNDERSTAND why people would keep loot to themselves. I've seen people seal off outhouses and sheds...I mean come on, really? I never see anyone confess or talk about it on the forums. Who are these people? Griefer-kiddies? Everyone does it secretly? A army of tank trap ninjas who only come out at night?

If you are that kind of person that seals of buildings, please post here and come out of the tank trap closet. If you can shed a light on the psychology behind it then please tell us others...because we don't get it.

Haha yeah I suppose people just like to mess with people. I'm always hopping over wire fencing that's laid out through a door so you have to hop it a few times to get in.

Step 1: Find barbwire kit

Step 2: Figure out how to work the damn things

Step 3: Block off high traffic buildings (Like firehouses) of all possible exits

Step 4: Either:

----------A: Disconnect and laugh at yourself

----------B: Camp some corner/tower waiting for poeple to walk up expecting to walk in

Step 5: Laugh harder

i do it in select areas to control the need to go there, ie if most of the good buildings in a town are wired then people will be less likely to go back there unless they have a tool box or its importaint enough

I've ran into some buildings with two entrances expecting to shake off some infected only to find the second entrance to be blocked off with barb wire. I usually laugh it off because its a pretty good prank.

But then I need to waste some rounds to clear out those freaks chasing me.

I havent really sealed off buildings and ive never killed anyone yet, but today a noob went into a lighthouse (I could tell by the way he swung the hachet around and misses a single zombie about 10 times)

He went in and climbed the ladder, I went and put a tank trap and two walls of barb wire there and went back to the bushes and waited.

He spent the next 10mins trying to work out what had happened, and obviously didnt know the jump button. Eventually he figured it out but couldnt get over them, so he made a jump from the lighthouse instead.

.....technically I didnt kill him

Edited by thelonewarrior
  • Like 4

Okay. serious question.

What purpose DOES barbed wire serve, other than to annoy others? I mean the the whole point of wire is to protect/deny access. So.. are people complaining that this item is doing the exact thing it was designed for? Or is there some kind of unwritten rule or etiquette regarding deploying this item?

I've ran into some buildings with two entrances expecting to shake off some infected only to find the second entrance to be blocked off with barb wire. I usually laugh it off because its a pretty good prank.

But then I need to waste some rounds to clear out those freaks chasing me.

Or you could just walk around them...

-MONSTER

I do it because its funny I seal off the church and firestation and occasionally the hospital just so I can laugh and then I run away into the forest to live the rest of my days shooting people.

Or you could just walk around them...

-MONSTER

Why do you have to put a name signature after every post? This isn't a fucking letter or an email. We can see who you are.

Edited by Vanglory
  • Like 1

Ive used it before when I went into a building and a really bad shot missed a whole mag of automatic rifle rounds at me.

Sealing off the entrances slows them down, if you have a team its faster, but I managed to seal off the two entrances and wait. When I saw a guy approach I threw a smoke grenade to attract zombies, he legged it and I managed to escape using those tactics

Why do you have to put a name signature after every post? This isn't a fucking letter or an email. We can see who you are.

Why do you have to question how I format my posts?

-MONSTER

Why do you have to question how I format my posts?

-MONSTER

Because its been a peeve of mine for every forum I've come across.

i do it in select areas to control the need to go there, ie if most of the good buildings in a town are wired then people will be less likely to go back there unless they have a tool box or its importaint enough

Or they think there is good loot being protected in those buildings, they log off, go to a different server, walk into the wired off buildings and then log back into the previous server behind the wire.

The wire etc does not serve any purpose at this point as long as people can just "dimension hop".

My guess, it's done because players have the stuff and are bored and want to see if they can block for the hell of it.

I never wholly seal a building; though I've been known to sanction a block of the city to relax in when I'm trying to plot my next destination. Always enterable. Sometimes doubles as an aid station for passersby

Seems like it is just trolls who do it because I see it happening on more servers. I usually just server hop until I find one without barbed wire, however, it is taking longer to find servers that don't have a shit ton of barbed wire. The trolls seem to be multiplying.

This.

Guy must enjoy seeing his own name. Must be an ego thing.

Edited by Grimlok