Sign in to follow this  
Kaboshi (DayZ)

Voice Chat

Alright, so I am fairly new to the Arma 2 Universe. I have been playing arma 2 free until I found out about Day Z.

I just got a couple questions about voice chatting in servers.

I understand that theres multiple voice/chat channels:

global

side

direct

etcc...

I noticed when someone talked in one of the channels that everyone can hear, they got a text full saying to not do it cause it lags the server.

I'm wondering, cuz i don't like finding out things the hard way...

can you voice chat in the direct channel?

the direct channel only broadcasts to people around me right?

I also know about A.C.R.E and Teamspeak, just wondering if thats being used at all.

could someone give me the run down?

Much appreciated.

Okay, I apologize for making a new thread, but i did use the search feature and didn't find what I was looking for thus I made a new thread unfortunately.

but thank you anyways.

Direct comm works just fine with the latest beta patch.

Also, when you happen to be unable to hear your friend talking via direct (and you both have the beta patch), simply "relog" and its fixed.

It seems that the server sometimes gets confused and thnks that the bugged player is out of range for direct chat (while ingame youre next to eachother) and a relog seems to "refresh" it.

Direct Comm/Channel is not available and is bugged until the next Arma II patch. Use search next time.

Please don't mislead people with wrong information, it only takes a bit of tinkering to get it to work.

Direct Comm/Channel is not available and is bugged until the next Arma II patch.

Didn't notice the first part of that message before. That is actually untrue, direct comm channel is available and we use it every day.

However, it is bugged and sometimes some people can't be heard/seen in direct comms. Easy workaround for this is to gather near each other, press ESC and click abort to go back to lobby, and then rejoin in that position. It fixes direct comms for everyone in that group most of the time.

Direct Comm/Channel is not available and is bugged until the next Arma II patch.

Didn't notice the first part of that message before. That is actually untrue' date=' direct comm channel is available and we use it every day.

However, it is bugged and sometimes some people can't be heard/seen in direct comms. Easy workaround for this is to gather near each other, press ESC and click abort to go back to lobby, and then rejoin in that position. It fixes direct comms for everyone in that group most of the time.

[/quote']

Oh hi there, i crashed yesterday while on the quest for carwheels, did you fix the car in gorka or leave it?

Oh hi there' date=' i crashed yesterday while on the quest for carwheels, did you fix the car in gorka or leave it?[/quote']

Hi! :) Since it goes a bit off topic I sent you a private message.

I wished to hear the story... :'(

I'm glad to hear that direct chat works to some capacity at least, since it is one of the features that makes me the most excited for this game!

Only 1 week of stupid school left, I'm counting the seconds :')

I wished to hear the story... :'(

I actually wrote the story of how I met Koot yesterday' date=' you can see it here. Koot is one of those strangers in the story. Later on we all grouped up and co-operated for a while. :)

if u wanna talk to people find a group that uses Mumble/vent/teamspeak

Works with organized groups, but when you just want to talk with strangers you meet in-game, direct communication is the easiest (and most immersive) way.

A good moment I'd say. One of those I wish to play the game for.^^

First game I've ever found that puts a value in life (well, first FPS) I'm so psyked.

Sorry for off topic, I'll be quiet now. ^^

Direct Comm/Channel is not available and is bugged until the next Arma II patch. Use search next time.

Funnily enough I did use search and got to this thread.

Ok, I understand a lot more now.

Thank you guys.

Also, id prefer to use the direct channel even in organized groups. creates a better atmosphere to the game. :)