Sign in to follow this  
Vault_12

Recieving...

Hello DayZ community. When I play DayZ I get the "Recieving" message you get when you connect to a server. I get the message sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes after 1 hour. The message can dissapear and can stay there forever so I must restart the game. I've played on many servers and the problem appears on everyone. This bug is really annoying cause if it appears I cannot move anymore. What can I do to solve this problem? I play with the steam version and the Six Launcher.

Oh lol, one day of waiting and the thread moved to page 6 o.0? The Troubleshooting forum is clearly overcrowded. No one have the same problem?

Yeah I've just started getting teh sam error, running around doing stuff, then random recieving screen pops up and either goes away after 5 - 10min, or stays there.

It stays there if the Recieving message "blinks". If its constant, you only have to wait a bit. But this bug make the game unplayable. I was running on some field yesterday and someone started shooting on me. I was able to run behind a wall with lots of zombies behind me, and thats the time when the Recieving message accures. Everytime something happens the message appears. Also I the game is totally broken for me because of update 1.7.2.4. I have never got really big bugs. Sometimes a weapon dissapeart from my backback, which was not that bad. But after updating I have simply every bug the forum talk about. Its really funny that i never had the "debug area" bug before the update, but have it know every second login. Good that I respawn at cherno after logging in again. I dont want to play this game anymore because its just no fun to be killed every hour due to some fucking bug. Before the update I survived 10 days with one charakter. After updating I survived only one more day and then was killed with 12000 blood and one hit from a zombie, which reduced my blood to 3000, knocked me out and let me bleed out to death. So its not a lack of skill obviously. And please dont post such things as "its an alpha blabla" because every person in the world knows it already.

Anyone got a solution for the Recieving bug? Its the biggest problem, between the lots of other problems, I have after updating.

Edited by Vault_12

I was getting the receiving screen a lot with 1.7.2.3 but since 1.7.2.4 it has stopped completely, yay! sorry I can't help!

I had this problem but I found it it was caused by having video card memory on "default". When I switched the video game memory to "Very High" the problem went away. Confirmed it for myself by trying later again with default setting.

Have Ati Radeon HD 6870 1gb

I run the newesst Beta Patch and DayZ Mod version. I will try that thing with the video memory later. Thanks for the answers.

I fixed this problem for myself. I changed my launch parameter from "-maxMem=2047" to "-maxMem=512" and now it doesn´t seem to appear anymore.

hey guys, Im having this issue to. Think i found a way to prolong gameplay, I have been playing for about 2 hours today and have driven the majority of lingor without it happening yet. I have no idea which one of the changes I made fixed this for me.

settings below:

Texture. High

video memory. Default

anti filter. Disabled

anti-aliasing.Disabled

terrain.High

objects.High

shadows. Disabled

hdr.High (having this on very high has started crashing my game since the latest dayz hot fix)

post process.Disabled

vsync.Disabled.

visibility. 593

Dayz parameters in dayz commander (settings tab, top right)

-winxp -maxMem=1024 -cpuCount=2 -mod=@DayZ

I also have force direct 3d 9.

As i said in another thread, before the two latest updates for arma and dayz I was able to play with all settings very high, no parameters or direct 3d forced, maximum visibility ect and be able to play the game for hours without any fps drops or that annoying recieving screen that has gotton me killed several times.

Lemme know if this helps anyone else.

Edited by Octopus0nFire