Sign in to follow this  
sanchezlike

Removing Global

I don't know why people whined about VON being broken a few updates ago when they disabled it. It was really nice. I think Global should be removed as a whole and keep direct. It would add to the realism and let the noobs learn for themselves.

I don't know why people whined about VON being broken a few updates ago when they disabled it. It was really nice. I think Global should be removed as a whole and keep direct. It would add to the realism and let the noobs learn for themselves.

I'm very tired of seeing blue/white text on the bottom left corner of my screen. It not only de-immersifies me from the game but also allows me to learn about dingus and how he likes to eat dirt. (Which I don't want to learn about). Keep direct communication and leave it at that. Only allow administrators to use global/Side.

If people want to talk to others get a radio item that is set on a freq, 00 so everyone can talk to each other on it if they really have the need to.

Rocket said fixing direct and removing global is a high priority. It's obviously something that needs to be done for way better immersion.

I think splitting direct to two channels, would be great.

Speaking, which has very limited radius, but generates very little noise the zombies can hear.

Shouting, which generates a lot of noise but can be heard from far away. Ideally there would also be some range-based echo filter on the sound, so you could tell if someone is yelling from far away or speaking right next to you.

Lootable radio equipment would also be a great addition.

While it would add depth and realism, the sad side effect is that it would only encourage people to use Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble to get an advantage. I hope the community starts viewing third party voice communication software as cheating after global is gone.

If global becomes a server-side setting, I at least hope the servers which remove it also quit advertising VOIP software channels.

yes' date=' yes, yes.

If people want to talk to others get a radio item that is set on a freq, 00 so everyone can talk to each other on it if they really have the need to.

Lootable radio equipment would also be a great addition.

While it would add depth and realism' date=' the sad side effect is that it would only encourage people to use Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble to get an advantage. I hope the community starts viewing third party voice communication software as cheating after global is gone.

If global becomes a server-side setting, I at least hope the servers which remove it also quit advertising VOIP software channels.

[/quote']

time to add @ACRE