iconoplast

Pistol Take Up Less Room In a Pack

Now, I never got why the pistol take up SO much room. You can put a toolbox and an axe in your pack (the axe takes up roughly the same room as a pistol, but you need so much more for a pistol. The rationale is for no pistol hording. PS I'm not bitching cus I glitched out my 1911 yesterday after picking it up by trying to put it in my pack.

I've destroyed anti-material rifles in my bag before, Manly tears. But seriously i was tired and thought if i dropped it in my pack it would swap it out for the primary already in my bag along with the ammo... I was really tired.

I agree pistols should take less room but first they need to just make an inventory system, because lets face it the current thing we call an inventory system is shit.

• Like 1

I've destroyed anti-material rifles in my bag before, Manly tears. But seriously i was tired and thought if i dropped it in my pack it would swap it out for the primary already in my bag along with the ammo... I was really tired.

I currently only have a M24, 3 mags of rounds and a M4A1 CCO SD with 3 mags, and if I go into my back pack, and pull whichever primary over, it replaces the one in my active inventory. Maybe you didn't have enough extra space in your bags? That really sucks! If there isnt room in a bag, tent or vehicle, then it should PROHIBIT you from being able to put the item in there, not just let the items dissappear.

As xReladinx basicaly said, if you want to swap weapon, you need to go to backpack and swap weapon FROM backpack with the one you are holding.

If you have full bag and you try to swap weapon from your hands into the backpack,it will be deleted instead (no error message,worning, anything).

I was already suggesting that some weapons should take less space then 10 slots (MP5 like 6, M4 7 or such) so maybe even pistol could take only 4 slots or something.

On the other hand its not gamebreaking, we can live with it for the time being as there are more pressing matters to deal with such as ALT+F4, exploits, hacking, adding new game mechanics etc etc.

I think overall rifles should be rarer with pistols common finds and both take up less spots in a bag. Some sort of system to encourage gun traders. I'm confused when 5 cans of beans take up the same space in my bag as a handgun. Would you really come across a gun with ammo in it in the apocalypse and NOT take it because you already have a different gun?? You'd be like "Holy shit another gun I might make it through the night!!"

• Like 2

Yeah, even put it on your pants :P

Iv lost rifles because of glitchy inventorys

The inventory system is an heritage of arma, in arma you pick one or more guns and the ammo you wish to transport. For this kind of gameplay it works fine.

Arrowhead added the backpack system to allow soldiers to carry more ammunitions, that's a functionality from ace that they implemented basically

I don't see why you should be able to carry 5 different guns around with you. I'd rather have them fix weapons and other items dissappearing when put on the ground.

The inventory requirement for guns is in place to prevent you to carry all the weapons you would ever need. It forces you to make a choice.