Sign in to follow this  
Vietcongcobain

Finally a reason for humanity

Set up random situations where every once in a while you walk into a town and there will be more zombies than usual but there will be a couple of AI survivors fighting them off...if you have a lot of humanity and eventually kill the zeds the AI survivors will thank you (if there still alive) and will give you food ammo etc. basically the same amount of stuff you would have had the option to snag if u spent all your time scouring the town for goodies

They will say they have enough supplies for themselves and will leave and disappear from the game world...If you kill them your penalized the same as if you kill a player survivor (they won't be armed with anything special)

If your a bandit on the other hand it will just be straight up chaos....zombies will attack you and the AI survivors will shoot you on sig as well...you get no bonus either...

I think that might be like 1 reason to even have humanity...and it keeps the game dynamic....as long as its rare enough to be occurring like 1/7 times you move into a fresh city

No. Straight up punishment mechanic for negative humanity and reward for positive, no. Bad idea.

Soooo bad deeds shouldn't be punished? How does that make sense...buy not checking the bad your actually giving them the advantage....they kill they loot....humane players don't so they can't reap those benefits y shouldn't they reap benefits in a humane way like this....the way it is now....there is no reprocusions for ones actions if he decides to be negative therefore there is no incentive to remain positive....so why even have humanity if there isn't a dynamic to explore the ramifications of the choices the player makes?

Aside from turning into a bandit....which itself isn't even a big deal cause you get shot at by survivors just as much

Soooo bad deeds shouldn't be punished? How does that make sense...buy not checking the bad your actually giving them the advantage....they kill they loot....humane players don't so they can't reap those benefits y shouldn't they reap benefits in a humane way like this....the way it is now....there is no reprocusions for ones actions if he decides to be negative therefore there is no incentive to remain positive....so why even have humanity if there isn't a dynamic to explore the ramifications of the choices the player makes?

I'm a neutral player; I've killed Survivors and Bandits alike with no preference for either, and with the upcoming update where they're removing the bandit skin there will literally be no way of knowing if a person is friendly or not simply by looking at the clothing they're wearing. So why should a NPC "Magically" know whether or not an approaching player is nice or not? I do however like your idea and reminds me of all the fun "random" encounters I've had on the Fallout series. Instead of making it so the NPC's some how know if you're friendly or not; how about leaving it up to the person witnessing them fighting to choose whether or not to help the survivors, leave them to die, or kill them yourself.

^ man I'm slow on the news! In that case that would be a logical way to take it...make it a way for a bandit to redeem himself as well a little bit if he decides to help or something

Aside from turning into a bandit....which itself isn't even a big deal cause you get shot at by survivors just as much

Why is survival a 'bad deed'? In a zombie apocalypse, there would be no consequences to such actions. Injecting morality in the game makes little sense. If you don't like the thought of getting killed, by either players or zombies, then don't play. I find it rather annoying that people keep wanting to force their sense of fair play and values on others by crippling those who wish to play to survive. In the end, it's about the beans. Working with others certainly can increase your odds of survival, assuming your friends aren't dumb asses.

Judgements of good and bad should not be made by the game - ANY system that designates skins/marks to indicate actions is playing a god like role and is writing the rules you MUST conform to.

Mechanics should make actions effect the game-world in such ways that it makes them meaningful to yourself and everyone around you.

If these effects are negative the community can villanise you, if they are good they can praise you.

So there for my conclusion is this - there needs to be global humanity which is unavoidable as to be invisible. All players need to be unique so that they can be held accountable for their actions, communication has to easy, intuitive and varied, players should have some other value beyond the items they are carrying (eg. skills/perks

Why would you directly punish someone for having low humanity? Humanity as it is right now is a horribly broken system, as you can be friendly, and only kill in self defence, but be labeled as a bandit, because there is no way of deciding wether or not your intensions are good.

Preemptive killing only works if you're an American president, fantafuzz.