GunzBlazin

Massive amount of servers, getting all players kill 6:40am EST

I went to a couple servers to see if I was still dead. All the players in those servers were continuosly getting killed. Those players said they came from server XXXX where that server all players were killed at.

Whatever this new hack is, it is really bad.

Really bad.

I didnt want that 7 day char anyways :)

Edited by GunzBlazin

Yeah, I've seen it happen a few times. I mean spawning items, whatever. But killing everyone in the press of a button?

So ridiculous, lost my character I've been playing for the past week. Guess I'll have to cut my losses and move on.

That's been possible for a long long time, most cheaters however don't run those scripts and there are ways to defend against it as a server admin, just not a lot of ways. It's taking a good chunk of my time to try keep hackers at bay form the server, it's a losing battle...

I don't understand how hackers can do that just by "running scripts". That's the first game I ever play in which players without admin access can have MORE powers than the admins.

Why isn't there a protection against that in Arma II? Why don't you need the admin password to run these scripts??

I hope they'll upgrade the game/BattlEye soon to prevent that.

Edited by Kiro

more servers now I was just at all people dying and George Smith in lobby with voice changer laughing at everyone and taunting

Edited by GunzBlazin

Something I don't understand is how hackers can do that just by "running scripts". That's the first game I ever play in which players without admin access can have MORE powers than the admins.

Why isn't there a protection against that in Arma II? Why don't you need the admin password to run these scripts??

I hope they'll upgrade the game/BattlEye soon to prevent that.

The problem are the rent Servers, the Admins have not really power on these Servers.

Our Server has a really good setting and dont allow normal players run scripts, sounds or pictures.

We had an Hacker short time ago but he was kicked out of the game after he tried to run some scripts.

But dont ask me what our Serveradmins do for that, they said:"Good Admins, with the right to the deeper Serversettings, know these Secrets!"

Edited by Neoiceman

But dont ask me what our Serveradmins do for that, they said:"Good Admins, with the right to the deeper Serversettings, know these Secrets!"

Im sorry but that is a crappy answer. If your admin knows how to stop the script kiddies then he should be sharing that info with everyone, not hording it like some little kid. Hacking/scripts ruin games and people should do whatever they can to make sure it goes away on all servers.

The most Admins cannot go deep enough into the Servesettings to manage that, the Admins with rentet Servers have no rights to modify the settings to engage the Scripters.

Only Admins with own Servers have these rights, thats the Problem.

The most Admins cannot go deep enough into the Servesettings to manage that, the Admins with rentet Servers have no rights to modify the settings to engage the Scripters.

Only Admins with own Servers have these rights, thats the Problem.

no

I can't wait for assholes that use the Nuke to be brought to justice.

Probably a 14 year old with his parents credit card.

Happened to me a few hours ago. I'm fine with the odd hacker spawning themselves a few items, but ruining hours of work for others? Not okay.