Sign in to follow this  
rad1

so here's a question...

Why is it that any time I sneaky snake my way up on a sniper outside of Cherno, or Elektro, they are always beyond well-geared. I really don't recall a sniper that hasn't gotten an AS-50 with tons of ammo, range finder, gps, NV goggles, and everything else that comes with it, along with a Coyote backpack, Ghillie suit and God knows what else.

So, are people really this geared? Did I really just ruin the hours it took them to find all of this gear? Or are they probably scripters?

Edited by rad1

Probably have it all again on some other server hiding in a Ural in the backwoods. It's lamish, but that's how it is.

Having ended up in this situation tonight, I'll explain one perspective.

I was trolling around Cherno on some random server with a Lee Enfield, basically just trying to make interesting and challenging shots from weird angles to better learn the layout of the cities field of fire potential. Someone logged into the server with an M107 up in the grain tower. I got up there and put a few rounds in the sniper, and searched their gear. Standard stuff: M107, NV, Rangefinder, every survival tool, M16 Acog in bag, etc.

So, of course I picked this equipment up, and IMMEDIATELY headed out of cherno to start counter sniping and taking out people who were likely to start making their way to the grain tower (the previous sniper was a terrible shot, and was spamming the darn thing.)

After about 20 minutes of dead time save for a random person on the roof of the firehouse, I logged out after getting a bit further out of the cities vicinity, and switched to a different server.

After logging in, I re-positioned and took out two targets who were also using 50 cals from on top of the granary. Not 20 seconds later, someone ran up to me (I was about 800 m out from the granary tower) and hosed me down with an AKM.

You know what I assume he did? The exact same thing anyone does when they get a ton of that gear out of nowhere - they start sniping just like the guy they just killed. This, coupled with many more people playing this game and having the time to "farm" the items, makes that the market is slowly become more and more saturated with high powered weapons. Their rarity in decline, along with there not being much going on up north, causes people to come back down to the coast.

Hence, tons of awesome gear just lying around if you can get the drop on them.

• Like 2

I grabbed my AS50 from a sniper overlooking Elektro. I proceeded to do the same thing he did. Just like WilkyWilks said.

Having ended up in this situation tonight, I'll explain one perspective.

I was trolling around Cherno on some random server with a Lee Enfield, basically just trying to make interesting and challenging shots from weird angles to better learn the layout of the cities field of fire potential. Someone logged into the server with an M107 up in the grain tower. I got up there and put a few rounds in the sniper, and searched their gear. Standard stuff: M107, NV, Rangefinder, every survival tool, M16 Acog in bag, etc.

So, of course I picked this equipment up, and IMMEDIATELY headed out of cherno to start counter sniping and taking out people who were likely to start making their way to the grain tower (the previous sniper was a terrible shot, and was spamming the darn thing.)

After about 20 minutes of dead time save for a random person on the roof of the firehouse, I logged out after getting a bit further out of the cities vicinity, and switched to a different server.

After logging in, I re-positioned and took out two targets who were also using 50 cals from on top of the granary. Not 20 seconds later, someone ran up to me (I was about 800 m out from the granary tower) and hosed me down with an AKM.

You know what I assume he did? The exact same thing anyone does when they get a ton of that gear out of nowhere - they start sniping just like the guy they just killed. This, coupled with many more people playing this game and having the time to "farm" the items, makes that the market is slowly become more and more saturated with high powered weapons. Their rarity in decline, along with there not being much going on up north, causes people to come back down to the coast.

Hence, tons of awesome gear just lying around if you can get the drop on them.

That pretty much sums up my game experience.

Any time I ran to the NW Airfield, I wouldn't ever find a decent gun, but I'd get server hopped on eventually. Looking for choppers never really got me anything either.

I've found out that it's easier to sit in Cherno and smash somebody with an Enfield and take their silenced M4A1, and just PvP, since no one really kills zombies.

Plus your comment on the market of weapons is filling up with high end rare weapons, really makes sense. Never actually thought about it like that, but what do you think the future holds for it? Will the high end weapons become inflated as people bring them back to the coast, along with duping and scripting?