Sign in to follow this  
BiNiaRiS

2 accounts, same install. One always stuck in loading...the other works perfectly.

I've got 2 accounts that I switch back and forth (change the cd key in the registry). Starting tonight, my 2nd account just gets stuck in the loading screen. Before tonight it had been working fine. If i swap the cd key back to my 1st account it loads fine.

I read somewhere that playerIDs can get corrupt or something along those lines? I'm really not sure what is causing this, but it's not my install since my 1st account works perfect.

Any ideas?

Are you sure your second registry key is correct?

100% sure. I've relogged back into my 2nd steam account, ran Arma/OA and doublechecked the hex keys and even made a new .reg file and the problem persists. If i switch to my main account it joins on the first try every time.

when i try and join a server, the battleye info pops up for a split second. i only see one line (usually there is two, so maybe it's something to do with battleye?). if i switch accounts, battleye works fine even though i changed nothing.

I've got 2 accounts that I switch back and forth (change the cd key in the registry). Starting tonight, my 2nd account just gets stuck in the loading screen. Before tonight it had been working fine. If i swap the cd key back to my 1st account it loads fine.

I read somewhere that playerIDs can get corrupt or something along those lines? I'm really not sure what is causing this, but it's not my install since my 1st account works perfect.

Any ideas?

I have to be suspicious of the need for that. As these guys said that sounds like a global hive ban.

• Like 1

Is there some sort of log that would show that its not connecting due to a ban? I use the 2nd account as a safe way to store some extra gear but up until last night i had been using it to search for crash sites.

I havent done anything to deserve a ban so im hesitant to think that is the issue.

I have to be suspicious of the need for that. As these guys said that sounds like a global hive ban.

Lots of people own 2accounts. Its no different than buying 2 diablo/wow/mmo accounts. What is suspicious about it?

Thanks for the beans, as you say, it seems that you are right Ive been researching the 2 accts thing for the last few minutes. Seems there would be legit ways to use that. I can see someone doing it to try to keep one account "safe" so to speak. But there are IP ban's for that sort of thing.

i've been playing with it a little more and sometimes i do get the 2nd like that shows a GUID so i'm pretty sure i'm not banned.

i'd really like a dev/moderator that knows anything about the playerID corruption stuff to chime in...if that might be part of the issue.

last bump before i put a ticket in.

Edited by BiNiaRiS

U could try fraps u get like 30 secs or something with the free / trial version.

And just fraps the loading part that way u will see what it says @ bottom right corner before it quits outof game

U could try fraps u get like 30 secs or something with the free / trial version.

And just fraps the loading part that way u will see what it says @ bottom right corner before it quits outof game

do you mean the battleye stuff in the left corner? if so, i've verified that i am for sure not banned. sometimes it pops up with the guid like it's supposed to. other times it just hangs.