Sign in to follow this  
battlepanda50

Placing tents outside the map

Hi,

so I remember hearing that you can no longer do this and they will be wiped on a regular basis if you place tents out of bounds

but my question is just what is out of bounds?

http://dayzmap.info/ stops just below to dam however the ingame map will show you about 10-15km above that of empty terrain, if it's on the ingame map does it count?

Just where are we safe to hide things? am I safe in that 10-15km of empty space because it's on the ingame map?

Does anyone know?

you will notice on the ingame map that there are 2 gray lines that clearly depict the borders :)

and u will see on the ground a black line which means end of map

Only lines I see are the map markings but one does seem thicker, map seems to end just north of misty pass or pretty much at the end of the NW road in the corner of the map.

is that right?

You can tell when you are out of bounds, you will see endless treeless hills, there also wont be and grass/foliage. Just a flat grass texture for miles.

Hi,

so I remember hearing that you can no longer do this and they will be wiped on a regular basis if you place tents out of bounds

but my question is just what is out of bounds?

http://dayzmap.info/ stops just below to dam however the ingame map will show you about 10-15km above that of empty terrain, if it's on the ingame map does it count?

Just where are we safe to hide things? am I safe in that 10-15km of empty space because it's on the ingame map?

Does anyone know?

Out of bounds is where the golfcourse ends which you can see by white painted poles.

Edited by Daisai