Sign in to follow this  
EnfieldSniper

Helicopter Crash Sites Story/Reasons How They Got There

One thing helicopter crash sites lack is realism like fire explosions and what not. Wouldn't it be cool if random helicopters AI controlled crash into the ground randomly with loot around them, I think that would create a whole lot more atmosphere and so on. It would also be easier to find cause of the black smoke that billows out of it and it would attract players making for some good PVP

I sum it up as a good idea just making that little bit of difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjmzHToOMk0

Check this video out so you can see what an actual crashed heli looks like in dayz

P.S I made this video so no copyright needed

Skip to around 3-4 mins to see the actual helicopter

Edited by EnfieldSniper
  • Like 1

Fantastic idea, makes it even more exiting. Seeing a heli crash almost right infront of you would be amazing :P

One thing helicopter crash sites lack is realism like fire explosions and what not. Wouldn't it be cool if random helicopters AI controlled crash into the ground randomly with loot around them, I think that would create a whole lot more atmosphere and so on. It would also be easier to find cause of the black smoke that billows out of it and it would attract players making for some good PVP

It's a good idea, but I don't really like the smoke idea. Helicopter crash sites are rare for a reason, because they have some epic loot on them. If you could find them just by looking for black smoke or a crashing chopper then the next thing you know 80% of players will have L85's or Bizons.

As for the atmosphere, I guess you could say that (since they spawn on server restarts) the choppers went down before the server started back up, that's why you didn't see that.

But to add on to your post; I think that they could finally find a use for radios. If you had one in your inventory you hear an AI voice crackling in and out going "Mayday, mayday, we have been hit and are going down at grid 029----" and it cuts off, so it doesn't pinpoint the exact location of the chopper, but it does say either an X or a Y coordinate so that you get a general idea, but not an exact area. That would also make it a bit more realistic, but again, not as rare as they are right now.

Good idea overall, but it might make them too easy to spot.

Fantastic idea, makes it even more exiting. Seeing a heli crash almost right infront of you would be amazing :P

An invincible hacker divebombed me with one, barely missed, and proceeded to run at me with a hatchet. It was....intense.