Sign in to follow this  
dpactual

a10 vs huey

So my friend and I were literally just in game, running west of the airfield when we hear something.... We just wait and talk among ourselves about how that sounded like a fighter jet; boy were we right. But even before that a chopper sound comes into range, its a huey shooting at something unknown, in our direction, but obviously farther out than we were (us being literally under it). Both my friend and I have AS50s with one clip of Nato each, so we quickly load it in and unload as fast as we can on this chopper. I hit the chopper all 5 times, didn't flinch, they were still shooting behind us. I load in my 10 round M107, my friend starts shooting, I start shooting again and kill the gunner with relative ease, since my other shots seemingly are doing no damage to the actual chopper.

The gunner falls, my friend hits the pilot, the chopper is going down. Out of no where the jet appears again, unloading on this chopper as its falling to the ground, pilot and gunner both lying on the ground under the soon to be wreck. The A-10 Thunderbolt figures out its going down and quickly regains flying altitude and flies off.

We are both weary of being killed by the hackers, but I had to go see for myself. Sure enough, a downed chopper, but I only see the gunner whom I had received a bandit kill for. I run to his body, he is packing a THERMAL scoped AS50. I just laugh to myself, my friend yelling get off the server, but as I finally made it to the body I didn't get the loot option from any angle or stance... Eventually I gave up and ran back to the tree line to log.

I don't condone hacking in any way shape or form. Its cheating. Not only the game, but every player as well. But in this one instance... I have to say hackers have made my night, and have probly given me the best story I have for Dayz. It was epic hearing the A-10 unload at this falling chopper, and quickly roaring back into the sky.

If you read this hacker... Well freaking played.

Now I'm going to go beat myself because I still haven't reinstalled fraps.

• Like 1

It's almost as if the hackers have turned to creating scripted events for others to see. Many people have called for scripted events like these (convoys, npc camps, etc), would be neat to see them in final.

• Like 1

It's almost as if the hackers have turned to creating scripted events for others to see. Many people have called for scripted events like these (convoys, npc camps, etc), would be neat to see them in final.

I really hope they add in events, because that was... Incredible.

do you like this event? i hope you enjoy

I saw this event, I've had a lot worse multiple times.

I'm so tired, I'm not sure. I'll ask my friend when he gets on.

I was on a server last night and we was staking at stary happened to notice 3 people in novy we get good sight to kill with me and my mate sniping whislt 2 spotting my friend then suddenly notices 3 players falling from the sky and crashing on the church . I alt f4ed instantly. Funnily enough they killed 3 people with basic backpacks and weapons yet in the forest was 4 of us armed to the teeth L85s , m24, as50..

Edited by Kaostheghost
  • Like 1

I was on a server last night and we was staking at stary happened to notice 3 people in novy we get good sight to kill with me and my mate sniping whislt 2 spotting my friend then suddenly notices 3 players falling from the sky and crashing on the church . I alt f4ed instantly. Funnily enough they killed 3 people with basic backpacks and weapons yet in the forest was 4 of us armed to the teeth L85s , m24, as50..

I detest hacking, as I've said, but sometimes even I'll admit it can be awesome.