Doyle (DayZ)

Thankyou to the Silent guardian.

I am a bit of a newbie and i was thinking that i had never been very far north so i decided to dedicate myself to getting as far north as possible with myself, my tin of beans and my hatchet, i had been running for about 30-40 mins and nearly at the NE airfield being chased by several zombies through some woods until i hear 'GET DOWN' over voice chat, so i dove onto the ground immediatly and the sniper started firing as if it was a machine gun at these zombies chasing me, instead of only using one bullet on my legs and letting the zombies eat me.

So i thank him and offer to share my beans but he declined, he asked where i was headed and i told him the airfield then we parted ways. eventually when i had reached the airfield there was 2 bandits looting the place that had seen me and thought shoot first ask questions later. Then what do you know? This sniper that saved me earlier opens fire again blasting the bandits away. he had followed me to the airfield to make sure i was safe. My personal guardian angel.

I guess there are still good willed people that play this game afterall?

• Like 21

Very nice, +1 for the guardian angel. What server was it?

GB 00 (1.7.2.3/95054) [rec][GMT-5] Multiplay :: - UK (v1.7.2) 3DP:ON CH:ON]

That man who saved you is my Idol.

May his journey through Dayz have many beans.

Every time I offer to help someone they start shooting and have to die, it saddens me really

http://www.reddit.co...im_dead/c5fvott

One time, I picked a very lucky flashlight warrior. I followed him around and was his guardian angel. He aggro'd a zombie on his way to cherno, bam .50 cal to the zombies face. He just looked around and kept going. He ran up into the apartments and a guy with a lee enfield was waiting outside for him to come out. My noob comes out BAM (I was a little bit closer) lee enfield man is missing his chest cavity. My noob runs over grabs the gun and now is actively looking for me. About 10 minutes later he is raiding the grocery store looking for food. I snuck in the back, told him over voice to not come in the back until I said so, and he did. I left him my hatchet, box of matches, and a hunting knife. Along with 2 canteens, and 3 cooked meat. I then told him he could come in the back and not to shoot me. He came in saw me, thanked me for saving him, and then was almost laughing like a mad man when he saw what I gave him. He kept saying I can't beleive I am going to survive! Thank you so much! I told him to be careful and stay off the coast. I logged for the night and felt 1000 times better than if I would have shot him 500m out when I first saw him.

Edited by Racnava
  • Like 10

http://www.reddit.co...im_dead/c5fvott

One time, I picked a very lucky flashlight warrior. I followed him around and was his guardian angel. He aggro'd a zombie on his way to cherno, bam .50 cal to the zombies face. He just looked around and kept going. He ran up into the apartments and a guy with a lee enfield was waiting outside for him to come out. My noob comes out BAM (I was a little bit closer) lee enfield man is missing his chest cavity. My noob runs over grabs the gun and now is actively looking for me. About 10 minutes later he is raiding the grocery store looking for food. I snuck in the back, told him over voice to not come in the back until I said so, and he did. I left him my hatchet, box of matches, and a hunting knife. Along with 2 canteens, and 3 cooked meat. I then told him he could come in the back and not to shoot me. He came in saw me, thanked me for saving him, and then was almost laughing like a mad man when he saw what I gave him. He kept saying I can't beleive I am going to survive! Thank you so much! I told him to be careful and stay off the coast. I logged for the night and felt 1000 times better than if I would have shot him 500m out when I first saw him.

Many people in DayZ focuses on surviving. Though I assume we both want to focus on helping people.

Best story ever, this person deserves a medal! Yey for friendlies!

This is what I want to do when I get better at the game, and get some good equipment. This tale really inspired me to look past the numbers of bandits. Thanks for sharing!

i have tried to help people but im all most to the point that i don't fell i can trust people but when i do snipe anyone that looks out of place down in cherno is the only kind of person that gets my attention now but i wont get close to anyone that i don't know in person .. its sad but if i save one new person from an a** hat i fell better

Wow, im getting alot of beans from this!

Guys don't let bandits get you down! there could be storys about you on here you dont even know about, but not if you don't try ;)

• Like 1

Great Story good to know there are other good folk out there I broke my legs near a deer stand north of Polana to Crawling near a tree bug, Went into shock, Blacked out woke up with a guy bandaging me, he told me to crawl away a bit and wait for him he then hoofed it over to Berezino and got me morphine and a bloodpack for a transfusion, Total hero he could have just killed me took my alice pack and all my gear.