Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

What is Norma, Expert, Veteran?

I'm confused what these mean in the server name? I figure it has to do with some servers not allowed 3rd person view, but what exactly is each one? Could someone please give me a break-down? Like, Normal is this this, Expert is this this, etc?

I'd appreciate it :)

erm, well in dayz veteran allows third person, it takes away crosshairs and spotting however.

normal veteran and expert dont really have classifications, when you set up your server you can define what rules you want with third person, crosshairs, spotting etc etc

its best to find a server with a ruleset you like and stick to that one as you can try and repair a vehcile on it or have a tent or two to store you surplus gear for when you die.

sorry i couldnt be more helpful, there is just no definitive answer

Oh I see thanks. I was hoping it was like an easy classification of which server has 3rd person and crosshairs...

Is there any way to see what the server has set it to, before joining it?

If it is set on regular, you can see the difficulty in the serverbrouser (bottom right), it will with near certainty always allow 3rd person view. Veteran server most times don't allow it.

There are a few regular servers that have 3rd person view disabled but they're only a small percentage. So if you want a server with it enable it's a pretty save bet to join one that is on regular.