Anaguma

Just started playing ^-^

Hi All.

I started playing DayZ about an hour and 20 mins ago [ after a 24 hour dl for Arma >_> ] stopped because I'm lost as balls ^-^

And i have to say - Holy Crap!

This game is so good , immersive and terrifying XD

So far i've had a really good time [ and some really good luck ] I found a M1911 within the first 15 minutes and picked up a lee enfield about 10 mins ago.

So far had to kill 5 infected and have seen no-one XD

I've mostly been running around the countryside being paranoid about snipers - and i love it!

This is a pretty pointless post , and i know it.

I just wanted to make a post against the slew of QQing posts about pvp.

I'm having a great time - Thanks Rocket ^-^ !!!!!

WELCOME TO BEAN COUNTRY, GUY.

ENJOY YOUR STAY

Seriously, welcome to the game. The Enfield is an awesome gun(400m Ironsight accuracy!) to level the playing field between you and clans/gentlemen who have survived a while and the M1911 is a badass zombie killer.

Thanks man =)

Yeah the M1911 has done the 5 kills so far , scared to use the enfield because of noise , but it's what i jog around with. =)

P.s. Anyone know any good maps i can use , can't seem to find any =s

wanna team up steam name hubbabubba110 ADD ME AND WE WILL RULE! lol

Hahahaha XD im sure we would

but i don't feel like throwing my life in to the hands of a stranger right now =)

Sorry ^-^

really i wouldnt kill you! i promise i dont even have a gun i died. i wont kill you. i need a partner can i be urs!?!? please ;)

really i wouldnt kill you! i promise i dont even have a gun i died. i wont kill you. i need a partner can i be urs!?!? please ;)

Well tbh my biggest issue right now is no map.

Even if i did want to team up , theres no way i could find you XD

i could help with that. sadly they way to find you easily is for you to respawn and for you to tell me ur location. i find thoise guns all the time! we will find them again and ill be a helping hand come'on

i could help with that. sadly they way to find you easily is for you to respawn and for you to tell me ur location. i find thoise guns all the time! we will find them again and ill be a helping hand come'on

I'll add you on steam but i'm not dying ;)

do you have teamspeak / skype?

no sadly i dont but ill find you! just add me on steam and i can find an even better and easier way i just remembered it!

http://dayzdb.com/map

Best map imo. Shows you where all the loot piles could be, what could spawn there, and how much protection they'll have.

Edit: Also, you can find your location when you log in, there are also road signs and land marks you can use. It's not that hard once you know what you're doing.

Edited by HerrJon

Glad you're enjoying yourself. :)

I use this map: http://dayzmap.info/

Also, you don't have to respawn to see where your location is. One quick way is to just log out and back in. You'll get your general location, and then you can pinpoint where you are through landmarks that you can see and find on the map.

• Like 1

To find your location just esc+abort (It does not kill you it just brings you to the lobby) Then come back in and look in the bottom right and see what it says. HF

Edited by Lnxa

Thanks to both of you for posting maps , as well as general information =D

P.s. I lost my freaking enfield! So annoyed , disappeared and got replaced with a crowbar when i logged out , annoying but hey , don't get attached to your' gear right XD

Edited by Anaguma

That seems strange, but it is still in Alpha, so there will be bugs. Just use the loot map and find a deer stand or barn for a reliable gun. Also, castles have been good to me so far. I would stay away from Devi's Castle, but the other two could be good places to stop and loot.

Just made my way to cherno , do zombies normally move towards you even though they're not aggro'd?

It seems to happen to me a lot XD

Still alive, Still haven't seen anyone ;p

Got an alice pack yay!

Edit: Had to switch servers due to a graphical bug , got insta - sniped (Y) XD

Loved my first life though!!!

Edited by Anaguma

Zombies spawn between you at the loot location/building and they have a tendency to move towards the player. If you stay in one location for too long or speak in the chat it also attracts them apparently.

Just made my way to cherno , do zombies normally move towards you even though they're not aggro'd?

They do and even more so atm. They never used to be able to spot you from 500 metres away.

Zombies spawn between you at the loot location/building and they have a tendency to move towards the player. If you stay in one location for too long or speak in the chat it also attracts them apparently.

So does eating and drinking, or so I've been told.

Yikes! The Lee enfield is the loudest gun in the game I've heard. It's called the "Zombie Bell" or something? :lol:

Good stuff on finding that M1911 in the first 15min though!