Sign in to follow this  
Obsidian (DayZ)

Replentishing Blood

So, I ran into a bandit in my first hour of game play, and I killed him (I'm going to eat your tasty beans, mofo). During the firefight, I ended up taking some damage. I bandaged myself up so that I am no longer bleeding, but my vision is black and white and it shakes.

From what I understand, you can replenish your blood supply with blood packs, IV from another player, or eating meat. I found a goat and killed it but realized I didn't spawn with a knife or matches, so no meat for me. I have none of the required supplies listed above.

Can you also replenish your blood supply by eating other foods? I have lots of beans I found on the bandit, along with adrenaline and pain pills. Also an extra water bottle and cans of soda.

I tried searching the forum, but not much definitive info.. just some suggestions for a slow blood regen patch among other things. Personally, I think no regen is fine, they just need to make it easier for a beginner to heal, give him a knife and at least a single matchstick to start maybe.

Eat beans.

But really, unless you want to raid the 50 or so bean cans it will take for you to get up to good health you need to make an all-or-nothing dash into a hospital, grab an IV bloodpack, make for the hills and then make a friend who will IV drip you.

If you don't have any friends and are as paranoid as me, a good way of doing this is offer them something in trade. I hid an Alice pack at the top of a lighthouse and agreed to tell the stranger who I wanted to top me up where the pack was once he had healed me and I was over the crest of the hill.

But really' date=' unless you want to raid the 50 or so bean cans it will take for you to get up to good health....

[/quote']

No, but really that's great exaggeration. Allow me to explain.

You need to raid 50 beans? Then you are wanting 10,000 blood.

You will have to be on somewhere from 0-2000 blood MAX to be able to use all of that blood. This is someone who is passing out out often and black and white always. Good luck making it anywhere in this state.

If you really needed 50 beans/10,000 blood to get to a 'good health' ( lets say above passing out so 6-7k hp) Then you would have to be around -4,000 to -3,000 hp. So yeah, not really something that would ever happen.

In reality, you'd only need 30 tins or 6,000 blood to get to a healthy state. Given the frequency of finding food and the amount of players with food this isn't hard to do in small amounts when you come across it.

Made it to a house/barn after fighting a horde off? Eat all dem beans.

Found a stack of food or cans on the ground and below 12000 hp? Eat all the things. Sure if you let yourself get in a state where you require 10,000 blood you will want a transfusion, for everything else though a few cans works great after an encounter.

I am not sure if this is intentional but if you are low blood and you log off and come back the next day your blood is fully replenished.

Is there a way to use the blood bags without a second person? I don't trust anyone to give me a transfusion and if you are in need of a transfusion you aren't really in a good state to fight back if they decide to simply kill you and take the stuff you are offering to "trade" them for help.

I am not sure if this is intentional but if you are low blood and you log off and come back the next day your blood is fully replenished.

Is there a way to use the blood bags without a second person? I don't trust anyone to give me a transfusion and if you are in need of a transfusion you aren't really in a good state to fight back if they decide to simply kill you and take the stuff you are offering to "trade" them for help.

i think its a bug happening sometimes, and depending on the servers.I remember few days ago ,i died fewtimes on a server and spawned with all my stuff few times,weird bugs but its an alpha and a huge potential mod so i don't care about few bugs (specially since im coming from mortalonline, the most buggy game ever XD)

Blood packs can only be applied by another player, being able to go to full blood as easy as eating a can of beans is a little over powered

Thanks for the answers.

I suppose it doesn't matter when you eat the beans, right? You can eat them when hungry or full and still get 200 blood?