Sign in to follow this  
SilenceSoLoud

Walk/Run Toggle

Hey, I just bought Arma 2 today and got Day Z working, but im having an issue where if i hold the toggle walk/run button too long, it just sticks to walking only, and i dont get the speed i need in crouching for the nice blend of stealth/speed. I tried all sorts of things like resetting the keybinds to default, making sure there were no conflicting keys, ive assigned the toggle and temporary to different keys, i cant seem to get him back moving quick.

Any help in this area would be great, i honestly move faster in prone at this point cause running full blast isnt an option lol.

and so yea, as soon as i make this thread it goes back to working. this is the 3rd time its been wishy washy. itll work, then it wont, guess i need to just report this as a bug or wait to see if someone else has a suggestion. sry.

Try playing the tutorials or looking at the key binds.

If you double tap it switches back and forth. You're probably quickly tapping it and therefore toggling it on and off.

yea ive pretty much covered all those basic type deals. i cant get it to toggle back, it just happens. like just now, its happened again. Im not a computer scrub, or gaming scrub. this is just weird. sucks too, having to go everywhere on prone.

This might not be the problem but when you aim with a weapon (right mouse button) you walk and its easy to see.

But clicking aim without a weapion still makes you walk its just alot harder to see thats why your walking and toggling Shift (walk/run) wont fix this.

Edited by Anttix

hm well it cleared up again, but this time i have unbound the toggle, and left only the temporary walk button assigned and ill see where that gets me. thanks though.

I've had the same problem as well. The toggle just stops working sometimes, and so does the temporary switch. In that situation my only way to run is to double-tap W for fast-run.

The only thing I've found that will fix it is leaving the game and reentering.