Sign in to follow this  
DayZHunter

What settings should I put in Video Options? *Not sure if this is in the correct sub-forum*

Hi, I have been trying to get the best performance with the best quality out of my rig... I wanted to know if there's any improvements I can make to get some extra FPS out of my rig.

Computer Specs -

Processor: AMD FX 4100 Quad Core

Graphics Card: HiS 5770HD

RAM: 8GB

HDD: 1TB

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2

Current Video Options -

Visibility: 2400

Interface: 1920x1080x32

3D Resolution: 1920x1080

Texture Detail: High

Video Memory: Very High

Anisotropic FIltering: High

Antialiasing: High

Terrain Detail: High

Object Detail: High

Shadow Detail: High

HDR Quality: High

Post Processing Effects: Low

Vsync: Disabled

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Benchmark: 24FPS

Is there any way I can squeeze a few more FPS out of this?

Thanks!

for god sake set the video memory to default, very high measn either 512 MB or 1024, default detects it himself

and if you want more fps, post process to very low, anti-aliasing to normal, and be sure to start with the paramter -cpucount=4 and -nosplash and -world=empty

Steam... Right-Click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead in my Steam library and then click Launch Arma 2: Combined Operations?

ok, then i'll just give you my text i start my game with, you just need to right click the steam arma2oa shortcut, select "properties" and then "startup parameters"

then you just type in:

-world=empty -nosplash -cpu_count=4 -maxthreads=7

also, you can adjust you arma2 config in your windows account folder (username\documents\arma2\arma2oa.cfg) to adjust the anti aliasing settings and other stuff

if you want to read about it, startup paramters are here: http://community.bis...rtup_Parameters

and how to install dayZ the proper way on steam is here: http://dayzwiki.com/..._.28Optional.29

Edited by Zombo

Thanks! I've increased my Arma 2: OA Benchmark from 24 to 28 FPS and my Arma 2: Benchmark 01 from 17FPS to 32FPS!