tcasey799

can this computer run DayZ

he's obviously a huge fag for posting a brand new computer, gaming brand, and asking if its capable of playing a mediocre (load wise) game.

he's obviously a huge fag for posting a brand new computer, gaming brand, and asking if its capable of playing a mediocre (load wise) game.

love you 2 and no because day z is very lag i have been told so i want a pc that can handle it

Buy this, I just did. You won't beat that price for an i7!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e6fa88540

Besides the crap hard drive, thats not bad, wonder why it's so cheap.

Then again, its the third generation i7's that go for a lot, not generation 2's.

You troll you.

love you 2 and no because day z is very lag i have been told so i want a pc that can handle it

Arma 2 is coded horribly. You'll most likely have lag now and again no matter what.

Also, it might just be internet connection lag.

You could build it. I never would. Takes to much time and money. Then again I dont really play a lot of PC gaming, so I guess im bias. However I do have a $1000 ASUS gaming laptop. Ive had it about a year and ive used it practically every day. Still runs like a champ.

You could build it. I never would. Takes to much time and money. Then again I dont really play a lot of PC gaming, so I guess im bias. However I do have a $1000 ASUS gaming laptop. Ive had it about a year and ive used it practically every day. Still runs like a champ.

Building your own desktop takes too much time and money? As others have said you can save a lot of money doing it, because you are not paying for the brand.

You can assemble a desktop in under an hour, following various guides online, and if that is still too much a risk you can pay for someone or ask a friend to do it.

To the OP: If you are going to continue looking at PCs which cost that much of course they will be able to run Arma II and all of the recent releases. Arma II is poorly optimised, so no matter how good your PC is you will probably see a reduced frame rate in places like the cities.

I cannot say that I understand people who must maintain 60+ FPS to enjoy playing a game. We manage fine watching movies at 24 frames per second! :rolleyes:

You can virtually cut costs in half or even more on the best gaming computers if you build it your self.

When you go and buy a rig from a builder, your basically paying a grand or two just for their name on it.

a reduced frame rate in places like the cities.

I cannot say that I understand people who must maintain 60+ FPS to enjoy playing a game. We manage fine watching movies at 24 frames per second! :rolleyes:

That's because you have pretty perfect motion blur between all frames in a 24p movie, so you wouldn't see any stutter. Just pause a movie scene with lots of motion going on, and you'll see it. Some game engines implement motion blur through pixel shaders too, and yes it helps, but just not as much. So usually you want 40-70fps in a game engine, as the human eye can see more than 60fps even (think about the pain you feel when looking at a 60Hz CRT monitor - that's because your eye is trying to differentiate between frames at that rate. With 100Hz, everything will be smoothed out - as this refresh rate is higher than your eyes.)

btw., I'm playing in 2560x1600 with a GTX 580 3GB SLI since yesterday, and even that machine can get low fps in DayZ on Ultra, especially with FSAA turned up. So i would assume that it could be a good idea to go for a single GTX 680 if you wanna play at 1920x1200 or maybe 1680x1050 or something?

1. You could probably play DayZ, battlefield 3 and Skyrim at the same time on that PC

2. Do not buy Alienware laptops (Although the m14x isn't tooooooooooooo bad price to performance wise)

3. Build your own desktop

4. Build your own desktop

5. Build your own desktop (Build our own desktop)

6. Don't talk about fight club

This. I can build you the same pc for 2K AND it would look a whole lot prettyer/not have a shit HDD/psu/os like all the alienwares have.