Sign in to follow this  
G3notYp3

Stand-alone game's suggestions

Can you put a class system ?

Not directly when you spawn.

But when you kill some zombies, you win xp you can use to upgrade something, like speed ( run faster ), strenght ( can take more object / can take bigger gun / give more damage with melee weapons ) , life ( little more blood ) , resistance ( fall / fell out at 2000 instead 4000 blood / run longer ) , air ( underwater / sniper ), builder ( can take a weapons to put it in a car or barricades / barricades house / repair & give more resistance ).

About builder giving more resistance : It's about a car resistance system. ( Like car can deal 2 hit for windows by default, builder make the car deal 3 hit. )

And all is reset when you die ;)

• Like 1

oh god NO!

edit: we´d end up with high level stalker veterans that will never die, because they whoop ass with lover levels. enough games has this level bollocks, I really hope they dont involve it with dayz.

edit2: and giving yourself beans? really?

Edited by Eza
  • Like 3

cinda 1+ to eza there

infected killed should not give you bonuses. even tough they are minimalistic.

i think that we don't need any kind of class/skill system. Your own skill and personal gameplay experience should be the only things helping you to survive.

Edited by HorstSergio

So every player should spawn as a Special Forces Commando? No. Survivors would come from different walks of life, not a bunch of Hardened military veterans. Classes would fix this. More of a backstory than class. Perhaps you were a physician, and have more medical experience than a athlete that survived.

So every player should spawn as a Special Forces Commando? No. Survivors would come from different walks of life, not a bunch of Hardened military veterans. Classes would fix this. More of a backstory than class. Perhaps you were a physician, and have more medical experience than a athlete that survived.

I understand your concern, but 'classes' isn't the way to properly handle this. The solution I can see if far off in development, but would basically just serve as a way to make tasks difficult for the PLAYER to do. Games should test players, not characters. Levels wouldn't be a good solution to this. Especially not for killing zeds.

• Like 1

Not classes. Stories. What were you before you landed on this godforsaken pace? Not points, but general expertise in certain areas, to more realistically convey individual survivors. I was a small town doctor, and therefore have more experience using bandages and such, compared to an Ex-Spetsnaz, who knows his way around firearms.

ive read hundreds of these and theyve all been shot down. devs already said there wouldnt be attributes

Sigh...

The only experience you should gain from shooting a weapon is how to control the weapon you're using. Which comes down to how you control your mouse to compensate for recoil, distance and whether or not the target is moving.

So no, just no

NO, in my opinion there should be no classes, none of this xp BS, I think all the standalone should have is the game how it is, with single player, all the bug fixes and maybe the ability to fortify homes

EDIT: Maybe not even single-player, I suppose that takes away the player vs player fear,so thats probably a bad idea as well

Edited by ostrich160

Let's assume your a civilian. You have never shot a gun in your life, so would have piss-poor accuracy. On the other hand, a trained Marine would have excellent control, and he knows the weapon he is using. A hunter would know how to expertly skin a deer, and start a fire. Do you have any idea how hard it is to actually do that? A civilian would ruin half of the meat! And you can just go out in your yard and give yourself a blood transfusion, right? I doubt you can even bandage yourself properly. It needs to feel authentic, and you can't be a jack of all trades. Choose what you want to do. And get good at it.

With the whole class thing or getting skills after spawn as you play.....

I would say the best would be skills are gained by finding things that can help teach you to read stars or hint on how to combine items to make a homemade trap or diversion tactics.

I can see some skill set learned in the more traditional way but mainly focus on repairing vehicles or generators. Basically something that can make you more valuable alive verse dead.

I think something like this but instead just get 1 skill point per day survived that you can spend in whatever skill you want

I think something like this but instead just get 1 skill point per day survived that you can spend in whatever skill you want

Too easy to abuse something like that. Go sit in a remote field and go take a nap, come back and you're now a more capable survivor? No.

Skills should be centered around learning real skills in the game.

The examples of knowing the and reading the stars- players could find something that could be a note that they can use to read the stars better or use the note to find the north star. (This would be something players can't loot off the body)

Skills need to be non loot able- Skills are meant to make your player more useful to a group alive then dead/looting body.

You give transfusions could = a gain in medic skill that has certain bonuses like the ability to create a antibiotic that can be used twice---this one could even be learned from finding and tracking down notes from medical sites,..etc..

You get the idea

• Like 1