haag963

can't seem to find any vehicles (tips)

i am writing to hear i some of you have any good advice for finding vehicles, my group of 4 and i were out looking for one for 2 days straight, covering the whole eastern and southern half of the map, without finding a single repairable vehicle, the only time we saw a vehicles was an atv driving in the horizon. have any of you got any tips for finding a ride, besides watching the spawn locations on youtube? i mean, are all the vehicles just stashed away in peoples camps, i have seen some vids with people showing off up to 10 vehicles (seems a bit like hoarding to me)

any thoughts would be appreciated

haag

Keep your ear to the ground and listen for vibrations. Maybe you'll find a woman somewhere too. BAH ZIIIING

• Like 1

Most vehicles are hoarded or hidden well. Best chance to find is go looking on/off map on western northern boarders. Vehicles will only spawn after being destroyed or during cleanups (they did an off map cleanup that made allot re-spawn but taken by now). I am not sure if the offmap clean-ups were 1 time or ongoing. Most people probably just hid them again off map if it was 1 time. When they do that they are usually out of normal walking range (would need to much water/food they just drive way out with extra gas.

Scour the area north of Lopatino and to the west of the road going up to the pass - the little corner of the map. A lot of people hide cars in that little area.

• Like 3

basicly the best way to find cars is to hunt for player camps, they can be anywhere sure, but theres 3 rules for camp hunting:

1. people camp places that are easy for them to go back to, meaning;

2. people will camp near landmarks they can recognise, clearings, rocks, interesting shapes on the maps, height markers

3. while some will hide minor things (ATVs, bikes, pushbikes) near to major loot spawns or nearer the middle of a map, the more loot spawns around a place, the higher chances somone will run through it, so people with lots to lose will chose harder and more inconvinient hiding places to protect it

As for actually going out and then finding the vehicles, the best bet is to set aside a couple of hours, stock up on food and water and journey around the edge of the map, coming inland to check clearings and distinctive map markings till you find one.

the OTHER option which is much more based on luck and requires having a car in the first place is to simply drive around the map, going through every town and village, because people raiding little towns and villages rarely bother to park their cars outside as it takes too long transferring loot, so you can find pristine vehicles just sat in the middle of the road... just watch out for owners ;)

• Like 6

dont play on 2 month old servers

barn west of zeleno

barn west of myshkino

car at vishnoye

most reliable spawns

Edited by Buffjesus

IMO if you want to find vehicles you need to try different servers.

Some servers will have groups playing on them and they will burn through and or hide most vehicles but a lot of servers won't have large groups coordinating and hoarding vehicles.

Example on the main server I play on its difficult to find vehicles but 2 days ago I was playing on a different server and I found a V3S, UAZ, 4 ATV's, 1 motorbike, 1 Hippy van, 2 cars and 3 bikes all in their original spawnpoints

IMO if you want to find vehicles you need to try different servers.

Some servers will have groups playing on them and they will burn through and or hide most vehicles but a lot of servers won't have large groups coordinating and hoarding vehicles.

Example on the main server I play on its difficult to find vehicles but 2 days ago I was playing on a different server and I found a V3S, UAZ, 4 ATV's, 1 motorbike, 1 Hippy van, 2 cars and 3 bikes all in their original spawnpoints

And by original spawn points are you referring to the dayz map? I think it says earlier in this thread those points might have changed.

I don't use the map as I know where most vehicles spawn and that map is outdated(very), use the dayZ wiki and only bother with the ones that have grid coordinates, I can confirm that most of them on there(with coords) are the real spawnpoints.