Sign in to follow this  
SterlingArcher (DayZ)

Can I have multiple characters at once?

Is it possible to have more than one character in Dayz, while only having one copy of arma 2?

I forget what it is called but after you launch the Six Launcher you are met with a menu screen and from that menu screen you can change the profile you are logged in to. Is it one character per profile or one character per CD key?

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to have more than one character in Dayz, while only having one copy of arma 2?

I forget what it is called but after you launch the Six Launcher you are met with a menu screen and from that menu screen you can change the profile you are logged in to. Is it one character per profile or one character per CD key?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, just create a new character profile in the Arma2 menu

Nope.

Creating that new character profile will end up logging you into the exact same character as the first character profile.

You have to buy one license per character.

This only alters your appearance. It doesn't give you a new character. For that you will need another copy of OA on a different serial number and account.

Curious then. I started a character and some servers would not allow me in due to a name restriction. So to fix this since Steam was what created my original profile I logged out, character still alive, created a new profile logged into a server and was asked male and female for the character.

Curious then. I started a character and some servers would not allow me in due to a name restriction. So to fix this since Steam was what created my original profile I logged out, character still alive, created a new profile logged into a server and was asked male and female for the character.

Thats a bug, not a feature :)

Thanks for the responses. I'm not really disheartened that I can't have two characters at once. My playstyle would change dramatically if I could get a second character to roughly the same location and gear as my first character creating an extra life if you will.