Sign in to follow this  
SwitchBlayd

Tent Question

So, i just found my first tent. I understand Tents are server side saved. But if i go and pitch my tent on, lets call it Server A. Is it possible to again pick up an already pitched tent (with items inside) and log in to another server, and then repitch the tent on Server B, with items inside intact?

People seem to think tents are like gold dust. But once you get one. You are glued to that server right? If the server i pitch my tent on is full. What do i do? And people are going to steal my stuff anyway, is there some place i can pitch the tent that's somewhat safe. Surely there must be some benefit to owning a tent, one i have yet to discover, before i actually commit to using the one i found.

Tents are server based. Sensible folks will pitch somewhere in the woods away from the beaten track but then there's always folks like me that love to second guess this and play tent hunting almost as a main purpose to the game :)

Someone could take your gear the same way you can take others. It's a nice way, if you get lucky, of kitting up.

So should i go into the woods and pitch my tent? What do people normally put in them? i mean i find that if i put valuables in there they will be stolen. What are the reasons for using one REALLY?

I've never used one but you could make a goal for yourself later on when the game gets a little stale to make a camp. If you get away with stashing a bit and it goes un-found, you have a real easy way of gearing back up after a death.