coolkid93

Change time on server.

Problem: I'm from Europe, and right now on all the EU servers it's night and pitch dark, therefor, I and many more people are trying to connect to servers in the US, resulting in huge ping, and probably alot of irritation from the folks from the US.

Solution/Idea: Make it possible so that for example a EU server can change its time (Perhaps -12h), rendering it so that not all EU/US/RUS/ETC/ servers have night at the same time.

a lot of server "groups" already have some running on -12 local time. Did you check them all?

I still advocate server admins putting the local time in the server's name. But whatever.

It would be better if there was just something like a 2 to 1 ratio for days to real time. It's not like people are going to get bored if the night and day are only 3-6 hours long respectively..that's still a hell of a long time to wait around and enjoy the dark if you're into that.

This is somewhat a game killer at the moment, in two ways. As mentioned above people from the otherside of the world try to jump on servers on the otherside of the world and crash the servers with high ping. This happened this morning. And the game isn't all that fun to play in the dark, i have to wait until my next day off or get up very early in the morning to play it when its day time ingame. Sure it has some added tension and danger playing at night, but until i find a torch or night vision googles, im going to avoid it.

I can't see why not have a fast time option in place and for the server names to reflect which time mode is employed. I remember this was in a Warfare mod and worked quite well.

Another idea is altering the level of darkness somewhat, so that the players eyes adjust to the dark sort of thing, a limited field of view but able to make out things. And bright lights can affect the eyes like in real life temporary blinding you if you look directly at the light. (Perhaps a flashlight could temporary blind an bandit if hes too close)

Perhaps just simply adding a torch as part of the default kit when starting out. Limit the e battery life to a few hours in game use, extended if player switches it off of course. Which will add the need to find fresh batteries or a new torch as another resource to gather.

Maybe some torches are more powerful than others. And some smaller ones can be fitted to a weapon?

This is somewhat a game killer at the moment' date=' in two ways. As mentioned above people from the otherside of the world try to jump on servers on the otherside of the world and crash the servers with high ping. This happened this morning. And the game isn't all that fun to play in the dark, i have to wait until my next day off or get up very early in the morning to play it when its day time ingame. Sure it has some added tension and danger playing at night, but until i find a torch or night vision googles, im going to avoid it.[/quote']

tl : dr night time is a gamekiller for you.

Strange, it's bascailly what hooked me into this game (50 hours played only 2 in sunlight), the whole survival aspect, the realtime lighting and lunar cycles, the fact you really can't see jack shit at night time. It's a game seller in my book. Not a killer.

I hope it continues to be a killer for you and people who think the same. Mainly as your definition of fun is completely different to mine. And the things that kill the game for you are what sold it to me

There are some of us that go to work and can only play in the evenings during the week. When we log in to our local servers, they are usually at dusk or near black already.

The solution is not making it any easier to see at night, neither is it changing the timescale to anything other 1:1.

I simply want to occasionally play on a day server without joining one in Russia or waiting for the weekend.

There are some of us that go to work and can only play in the evenings during the week. When we log in to our local servers' date=' they are usually at dusk or near black already.

The solution is not making it any easier to see at night, neither is it changing the timescale to anything other 1:1.

I simply want to occasionally play on a day server without joining one in Russia or waiting for the weekend.

[/quote']

This is what I'm getting at, since right now I work in the evenings, and when I get home, it's already pitch black on the servers from EU, I don't want to change the night time scale, just an option to be able to play on -12h server in my own continent, not being needed to join a Asian or US server.

Sure night can be fun, crawling in the dark, popping a flare, not knowing if a survivor is in the area ready to kill, or if you are just a few meters in front of ten zombies, slowly walking your way.

But I only wish to have a option to play on a server that is in my region and have day (Even if it's night in my country).

Ps. Found a EU server yesterday that have like -6 UTC, when I took a closer look I found a couple of more.

What annoys me is that it seems it can be day for some people on the server and night for others. That is what makes me not play at night at all. I don't want to be seen swimming blindly around 10 zombies and then shot in the face.

But also I think it is simply way too dark. It should be much more like dusk is currently rather than this black pit it is right now.