Sign in to follow this  
sherlock (DayZ)

accidental death/lag?

I had a strange but somewhat funny thing happen to a friend and me when we were playing dayz last sunday evening. We were scavenging the northern airfield for supplies when we spotted a player beeing hunted by zombies. He fled into the air control tower, we were held up in the tower of the firedepartment building (?) to the north of it.

When we realised that he was a bandit we opened fire on him. Later we noticed another player in the building (a survivor) who returned fire with the bandit. After a while we were able to shoot both and checked our wounds: no bleeding, and both were doing good on blood. A few seconds later we're both dead simultaniously.

I read in the side channel that many were noticing some lag on the server. Is it possible that we were shot in the exact same moment by the others with no bleeding preceding it and the game didn't register it untill a few seconds after the firefight? Did anyone else experience something like that?

We didn't have a lot of equipment so we weren't really sad about it, infact it was funny because we were both telling the other that we just died in the exact same moment with almost the identical choice of words :D

Welcome to Dayz. Zombies will randomly teleport around the screen, sometimes out of the floor.

Firefights between players are typically both sides emptying their clips and then a quick 6 second silent discussion ensues between the offending parties deciding who "got" who before one player agrees to lie down and die.

I must say, emptying a clip into someone and not seeing him flinch until quite a bit later, or running away from a firefight before exploding into a mess of bullet holes isn't exactly immersive gameplay.

(42 ping, 0% packetloss)

I love the ARMA II Engine.

Happened to me!!!

Also when i disconnected the game cause i needed to sleep right after killing and disabling one person. when i reconnected i spawned by Kamehko when i was in Elektro!

Idk why though...

I'm increasingly confused by the ways I die :D

Last evening I joined a server and was dead on spawn although I was perfectly fine the other day when I left (well, dying is part of the game :D ).

Then I start at the beach, see 2 bandits (with makarovs), follow them to the southern airfield, trick them and get the jump on one of them when he's accesssing his inventory, I sneak up the stairs and before he could see me or I could see him (1st person view) I drop to the floor - dead. No bleeding, nothing, there weren't any gunshots audible.

Does anyone have an idea what happened there? The server was perfectly fine for me with no lag issues at all. Is it possible that he shot me with one shot from the Makarov and the game didn't transmit the sound? I'm a longtime arma 2 player and am used to dying quickly ;) (especially in PR), but that was new to me.

Guess, I'll be avoiding any sort of firefight (even against bandits) from now on ;)