Sign in to follow this  
MeGustacus

Six Launcher: Ping 9999

Same here. An admin on the server I play on said something about updating, but I went from playing to "bad version - server rejected" so I'm not sure what is going on. I was playing 30 minutes ago, heh.

Same issue for most servers, some will have an accurate ping however. I suspect it to be a Six Launcher issue and not a DayZ issue though.

Unless there is some sort of messenger in the DayZ code for server ping, but I doubt it.

Same problem, only 5% of the servers on the list will have a proper ping displayed.

50/10 mbit, 14ms ping to almost everywhere... hm..

I´m having this issue right now win DayZ Commander and SixLauncher, and only it shows me a few servers on the list, not all of the +2000 for example.

what about the ingame server list, is it the same there?

in normal circumstances the ingame list is much faster and more accurate than the two programs, indeed imo that's their main disadvantage, because they need long to ping the servers and show me way too high values. the ingame browser is 10 times faster doing it and the pings are more realistic,just to add this, though I think it's a problem with gamespy in this case since the servers were completely unlisted yesterday for "mainencance reasons"..

Hit the refresh button on the top right and wait 2-3 minutes before joining a game, they will all pop up. It works for me.

Not sure it's totally worth sitting there for 2-3 minutes to only find out the ping :P

Most or at least most of the servers I've been on have the city where they're hosted in the title, that should give you an idea of your ping.

been like that with six launcher since i got it. i run the game through steam anyway though. i just use six launcher for updates and checking if there is one.

I´ve tried the possible solution above but it didn´t work as well. I went into Multiplayer, go on filter, the servers appears but when i hit Join it waits for host and i´ve kicked from all servers(with regular ping not 9999).

Someone with the same issue ?

have you done the latest updates on arma2 beta and so on? since it's latest update I also fully recommend the dayzcommander, now the pinging works good. it can save favorites and remembers the recent servers by itself, in a case when the global server database is not reachable, you won't need to manually connect/search for servers, if you already have them in there :)

fully recommend the dayzcommander, now the pinging works good. it can save favorites and remembers the recent servers by itself, in a case when the global server database is not reachable, you won't need to manually connect/search for servers, if you already have them in there :)

I was going to say this, but yes, agreed.

DayZ is currently tenthousand (yes, 10.000) times better than Six Launcher at the moment. It has so many more options and it's filters actually work.

It just works. Damn. Finally something about DayZ that works :)

Why not just use the quick launch icon and then choose a server via DayZ when it loads? We are all having the same problem.

I have been having the exact same problem. Over 75-80% of my servers having 10000 ping and are deemed unresponsive. I'm not sure what the issue is. I have given the program (DayZ Commander) unrestricted access via my virus protection software. I'm starting to think that it may be a router firewall problem.

post-71963-0-72126800-1343411837_thumb.j

Edited by Kye

Just give it time to load all server pings. I just wait about 5 minutes and then all the ping goes back to normal.