jakobsson87

AI death squad

Some time later when this game is past Alpha I would like to see some sort of AI death squad that spawns randomly somewhere on the map and killing everything that is moving, some sort of government clean-up project. Could be a mix of soldiers and "scientists" and not always moving heavily armed. Should not happen very often but it would be a very fun thing to encounter. Could also have a random waypoint from one edge of the map to the other so it could be possible to miss it.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea. But it maybe too "gamey" for this type of project. You've already got "death squads" as such - THE BANDITS STEALING YOUR STUFF OR KILLING YOU FOR LULZ...lol...

Neat idea though. You'd think the government would do a tidy up, like in 28 Weeks Later.

Sounds like a good idea. But it maybe too "gamey" for this type of project. You've already got "death squads" as such - THE BANDITS STEALING YOUR STUFF OR KILLING YOU FOR LULZ...lol...

Neat idea though. You'd think the government would do a tidy up' date=' like in 28 Weeks Later.

[/quote']

I see it more like a helicrash with items, but you have to fight for it. But yes it seems a little "gamey". Just an idea to play with.

Could work, I guess a small team wont screw too much the AI stuff, but I know s**t bout this stuff

Reminds me of the brotherhood of steel scouts you could meet at the FO wasteland... hard fights but worth the loot

Why do you want to add enforced, scripted encounters when the whole thing that makes this mod unique, and the reason it is so popular, is the utter lack of those?

"here's a mod radically different to pretty much any game in existence currently, and it's gotten enormously popular because of how unique it is. How can we minimise the unique elements of this mod? any ideas?"

It's like people go out of their way to try to ruin things.

Could work' date=' I guess a small team wont screw too much the AI stuff, but I know s**t bout this stuff

Reminds me of the brotherhood of steel scouts you could meet at the FO wasteland... hard fights but worth the loot

[/quote']

I was playing with my friend when we said it would be fun with some sort of random encounters or locations. Yeah I know this ain't a thing that goes to Nr 1 on there list, but maybe sometime when all the game codes and more vital parts of the game are fixed. I myself see it as a new fun game mechanic that would add to give the players more to do/encounter.

yep, its just a few armed AI going from point A to point B, with little chance to be encountered, and with some worthy loot, its not the endboss guys. How can this be so different from roaming zed packs? a thing eveyone wanted not long ago

yep' date=' its just a few armed AI going from point A to point B, with little chance to be encountered, and with some worthy loot, its not the endboss guys. How can this be so different from roaming zed packs? a thing eveyone wanted not long ago

[/quote']

What??? Just no man.

Well i will hope they add it and you will hope they dont :P

funny how usually ideas are 50/50 here

I don't understand how you can support this idea. Mind boggling...

yep' date=' its just a few armed AI going from point A to point B, with little chance to be encountered, and with some worthy loot, its not the endboss guys. How can this be so different from roaming zed packs? a thing eveyone wanted not long ago

[/quote']

What??? Just no man.

Im not saying THIS have to be in the game, Im just giving a suggestion to add more things in the game. I have played ArmA 2 since it came out so I know the map as my own back pocket which is why it would be fun with something more random. The AI death squad is just what I would like to see, but it could be some random location (Helicrash).

Well i will hope they add it and you will hope they dont :P

funny how usually ideas are 50/50 here

I don't understand how you can support this idea. Mind boggling...

Why dude? its just a little more variation and i dont see it like something game breaking... i mean, its just a " random almost never happens " thing, not having cherno filled with AI squads, that would indeed suck.

Except it's not really all that random, since it's scripted to happen. The only 'random' part is when/where it happens.

I don't see any point to adding scripted events of any sort to the mod. They will destroy the reason it is unique and popular, while contributing virtually nothing worthwhile to it.

Except it's not really all that random' date=' since it's scripted to happen. The only 'random' part is when/where it happens.

[/quote']

Do you have aspergers disorder?

A roaming group of bandits does this far better. Human controlled, far more varied, you're interacting with other players, they're smarter, keeps it more sandboxy. I don't see the need for this. I'm in the camp that wants this as human controlled as possible, it should be our decisions and how we go about those decisions that shape the game world. Not AIs or scripted events.

Except it's not really all that random' date=' since it's scripted to happen. The only 'random' part is when/where it happens.

[/quote']

lol'ed there. I would REALLY enjoy this, I would ambush tem whenever they occured.

[/quote']

lol'ed there, I would ambush them whenever they occurred.

Some players are already roaming death squads that you have a small chance of encountering with randomised loot if you manage to kill them.

So this idea is essentially in the game already and can be forgotten. Next!

Some players are already roaming death squads that you have a small chance of encountering with randomised loot if you manage to kill them.

So this idea is essentially in the game already and can be forgotten. Next!

but AI is easier to kill :(

ok forget this, give us random alien encounters and we'll be fine.